Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people acting like Cotto was looking bad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are people acting like Cotto was looking bad?

don't they appreciate what he's doing? he fought one of the best WW's, a hungry WW too. He's clearly not ducking anyone because the Clottey fight was a dangerous one. The same kind of fighter that Margarito was, a strong invulnerable fighter who can't be hurt. On top of that he's got great defense.

On paper this was a bad style match up for Cotto. By the looks of it, had he not cut his eye that right hand would not have been able to repeatedly land as well.

Instead of wilting he threw punches back even when he couldn't see. Sort of like JMM does. If anything this fight showed an improvement. Up until the Margarito fights all he had fought were fellow boxers, something he is quite good at. I think by fighting good competition it is only going to help him when he steps up and fights even bigger names, names that he ends up handling quite easy.

This fight went exactly as I thought, only I picked Clottey to win, I didn't think Cotto would throw that much leather back. Not a robbery IMO, close fight, sd is fine. The judges were screwed though with the scoring.

It was more of Clottey looking good and the cut bothering Cotto...

Comment

I was amazed by his will to continue even with a very bad cut. But honestly, he did not look good in the fight imo. I was expecting him to dominate Clottey after the first knockdown. Very close fight, but the 116-111 scorecard was just ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
        It was more of Clottey looking good and the cut bothering Cotto...
        Cosign homey.

Comment

Originally posted by sikwate View Post
          I was amazed by his will to continue even with a very bad cut. But honestly, he did not look good in the fight imo. I was expecting him to dominate Clottey after the first knockdown. Very close fight, but the 116-111 scorecard was just ridiculous.
          Yea but based on styles how would he dominate a guy like Clottey? Clottey is bigger, stronger, iron chinned and has great defense. It takes a quick guy to "dominate" a guy like him.

Comment

A lot of average "boxing fans" obviously dont know anything about Clottey!!! Clottey is a very good tough SOB WW that would give anyone trouble. Clottey is stronger than a damn bear with a great D!!! Anyone who knew anything about both fighters knew this would be a very close tough fight! If you read my posts before the fight i said it would be very close and that Cotto would win in the end because Clottey would not up enough pressure but that if he did he would win. Sound familiar?

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
              Yea but based on styles how would he dominate a guy like Clottey? Clottey is bigger, stronger, iron chinned and has great defense. It takes a quick guy to "dominate" a guy like him.
              Did you think Cotto looked good?

Comment

Originally posted by sikwate View Post
                nobody looks good against a guy like clottey. a great chin and great defense.

Comment

Working...
                X