Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best overhand right.. Tim Witherspoon or Renaldo Snipes?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best overhand right.. Tim Witherspoon or Renaldo Snipes?

I recall both of them had awesome overhand rights. But, who's was superior? I give the slight edge to Tim...

I'd say Witherspoon, but Snipes was no slouche. I was never a fan of Witherspoon though. I was extremely impressed with the fight that Snipes gave Holmes, he used a great jab to get Holmes abit out of his rythme.

As a stable that had awsome over hand rights I think that no stable compares to that of the Kronk stable. It seemed that every Kronk guy that I fought could rock you with one. Then you watch Hearns, McCrory, McClellan, etc. Well trained fighters out of that gym to say the least.........Rockin'.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      I'd say Witherspoon, but Snipes was no slouche. I was never a fan of Witherspoon though. I was extremely impressed with the fight that Snipes gave Holmes, he used a great jab to get Holmes abit out of his rythme.

As a stable that had awsome over hand rights I think that no stable compares to that of the Kronk stable. It seemed that every Kronk guy that I fought could rock you with one. Then you watch Hearns, McCrory, McClellan, etc. Well trained fighters out of that gym to say the least.........Rockin'.
      Speakin of Rockin.. Remember Rockin' Rodney Moore?!

Comment

Originally posted by Mintcar923 View Post
        I recall both of them had awesome overhand rights. But, who's was superior? I give the slight edge to Tim...
        Witherspoon and it's really not close to me. I'm not overly impressed with Snipes career or his skills. One thing that seems forgotten is that Coetzee beat Snipes convincingly although he didn't get the decision.

Other than the knockdown of Holmes I just don't see anything that impressive about Snipes.
        Last edited by joseph5620; 06-22-2012, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Witherspoon's 'Can Opener' too me is far superior to Snipe's, scary weapon.

Comment

I would have loved to see an in-shape 1986 Witherspoon take on Mike Tyson. He would have been Mike's toughest and most dangerous test.

Snipes fired an occasional big right (Holmes and Berbick), while Tim's was always a huge threat.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
              I would have loved to see an in-shape 1986 Witherspoon take on Mike Tyson. He would have been Mike's toughest and most dangerous test.

Snipes fired an occasional big right (Holmes and Berbick), while Tim's was always a huge threat.
              Tim Witherspoon was quite underrated. I think I had mentioned how HBO always downplayed his being one of the very few to have regained the heavyweight championship. When he was right he was one of the best of his time. Look at how well he did with Larry Holmes.

Comment

I would go with Terrible Tim's right as well. But it is deceving because Tim had alot of other skills and Reynaldo main asset was that right hand.

Note about Snipes-Berbick. A couple fights before it, Snipes fought Scott Frank who had a pretty solid chin. Snipes landed a few big right hands and Frank invited him to do again, still they just bounced off Frank's chin. So two fights later Berbick who had a fairly good chin himself, invited Snipes to do the same and boom! Berbick got knocked down. It was a fight Berbick should have and could have won but he paid for his mistake and ended up losing a very close decision.

Comment

Witherspoon's "Can Opener?!!" I didn't know that was the name of it. Well, it destroyed Frank Bruno. It was very devastating. I think it at least rivals Razor Ruddock's "Smash," which was a hybrid left-uppercut/left-hook. Look at the way Tim layed out Anders Ekland...

Comment

i remember tim telling me he did not think he could beat tyson or holyfield.

Comment

Working...
                    X