Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Maidana Targets Title at 147, Plans For War on Sept. 15

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I stopped reading when I read, "Former champion Marcos Maidana..." I don't know what title is more meaningless, the WBC or the WBA!!!

Comment

Mrcos a bit small @'47 but should have enuf 2 beat Karas, in the same way Rosado stoppped him...he needs 2 go bk to'40 if he has any real thoughts of a title...

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        Now while some guys won't admit it, Maidana is kind of a ducker.
        More like A COMPLETE DUCKER.

First he complains about 147 being a ****ty weight for him but still ends up leaving 140. I came to 2 conclusions after this. 1) He left 140 to duck Mathysse even tho he says it's a good fight blah blah. 2) He used it as an excuse for the loss.

Not to mention he ducked Thurman who people here consider nothing special after watching him this weekend.

I mentioned in the other thread I have a hard time picking Maidana over anybody right now and if he can't get past Karass then he might as well hang them up.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          More like A COMPLETE DUCKER.

First he complains about 147 being a ****ty weight for him but still ends up leaving 140. I came to 2 conclusions after this. 1) He left 140 to duck Mathysse even tho he says it's a good fight blah blah. 2) He used it as an excuse for the loss.

Not to mention he ducked Thurman who people here consider nothing special after watching him this weekend.

I mentioned in the other thread I have a hard time picking Maidana over anybody right now and if he can't get past Karass then he might as well hang them up.
          the highlighted is laughable & wrong.............

maidana also didn't duck mathysse. he just couldn't make the weight anymore............he did duck thurman though (who looked very good in his last fight)

Comment

He should just stay away from boxers/movers, Am sure they saw that in Thurman, Soto is the sort of style that maidana need, Trading in a phone booth style.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              Now while some guys won't admit it, Maidana is kind of a ducker.
              I totally agree with this...

Comment

Originally posted by americanbot View Post
                the highlighted is laughable & wrong.............

maidana also didn't duck mathysse. he just couldn't make the weight anymore............he did duck thurman though (who looked very good in his last fight)
                Ok so why did his team say 147 wasn't a good weight for him? Then that means he used it as an excuse. Either way Im right cause I said either he did it to duck Mathysse OR used the weight as an excuse. I never claimed Thurman didn't look good, I just said peeps on here were claiming he was all hyped up, which he really isn't, and didn't look impressive at all.

I think what was being hyped up about him is/was his power and there's no doubt it's there.

Comment

After the Alexander fight Maidana said that he doesnt feel comfortable at the weight and wanted to move back down..

Comment

Maidana needs to stay at 140lb, that guy looked horrible against Alexander.

Comment

maidana, ducked thurman, he had previously ducked bradley. i dont see how he has fans.

Comment

Working...
                      X