No announcement yet.

PAY PER VIEW....Worth Your Money?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
    Here in the US, you have to pay for HBO to watch the 24/7's, then you have to pay $60 to watch a crap or dishonest fight.

Tough to justify to non-fans.
    Woah, that's harsh. I'm surprised people are still able to pay for it nowadays. $60! I'm sure that's around £40 in UK money. There's no fight on earth that would make me part with that.

Comment

I never pay to watch fights....cant afford it. Id sooner save my money for later days and for food and such.

Im a proud scrounger. I wait for the fights to be uploaded onto the internet or get a streams worth. I also do the same with ****. I never pay for the DVD, i just wait patiently for it to be put up on the net LOL.

Comment

I buy almost all of them and don't regret it. Never will. It's $60....I shell that out for a big event in my sport, no questions asked.

I understand maybe that's a lot of money to some people and that's totally understandable, but for me it's definitely worth it.

This year:

Pac/Mosley was meh top to bottom...Vazquez/Arce was great but fans did not get their monies worth.

Floyd/Ortiz was great top to bottom as far as I'm concerned.

Hopkins/Dawson definitely did not give fans their monies worth, but Linares and Demarco was GREAT.

Pac/Marquez was great top to bottom. Horrible decision yes, but 7 out of the 8 guys fighting on that card giving it EVERYTHING they had(I'm looking at you Casa...please retire).

PPV is a necessary evil and people just have to accept it instead of ***** about it. If you don't like the fight don't buy it....if you like the fight buy it knowing you have to spend $60. We wouldn't be able to see these fights if PPV wasn't an option so in a way I'm happy it exists.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
          But if there's no PPV, how do you compensate the guys at the very elite level of the sport?

Without that financial incentive (reaped from PPV bucks), the very best guys would have no incentive to take risks against each other.
          None of those PPVs have featured 2 elites facing off. Mosley hasnt been elite for 5 years, Ortiz is a contender with a belt, Dawson is a top contender, JMM is elite 2 weight divisions below where the fight took place. Agbeko-Mares and Ward-Froch are free and they're much better fights as far as the best fighters in a division facing each other.

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
            None of those PPVs have featured 2 elites facing off. Mosley hasnt been elite for 5 years, Ortiz is a contender with a belt, Dawson is a top contender, JMM is elite 2 weight divisions below where the fight took place. Agbeko-Mares and Ward-Froch are free and they're much better fights as far as the best fighters in a division facing each other.
            But even when it is just ONE elite, you often have to buy the PPV.

What you said is completely accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
              I never pay to watch fights....cant afford it. Id sooner save my money for later days and for food and such.

Im a proud scrounger. I wait for the fights to be uploaded onto the internet or get a streams worth. I also do the same with ****. I never pay for the DVD, i just wait patiently for it to be put up on the net LOL.
              The problem is that you end up stroking off to last year's chick.

Comment

I haven't spent a dime on ANY PPVs this year....

Comment

I don't mind. You might miss something if you don't watch the bouts. You never know what is going to happen.

There is nothing like watching a live big fight.

I do an event with it, I invite a bunch of ppl.

A lot of drinking a ball breaking.

Pac/Marquez was a decent card (the Prescott/Alvardo was an excellent fight)

The fight itself wasnt bad and you are watching the reactions live instead of learning from it by somebody else thru their opinion.

I like to see things for myself without any opinions influencing

Comment

Well to the person who said Boxing does not need PPV's, so Pro Wrestling and MMA do need PPVs?

Yes, I will order some PPV's, I would have ordered Haye and Klitchsko for a cheap price of 19.99 or 24.99. I ordered May vs Ortiz and it was ok, wasn't totally disgusted.

I am lucky I never have ordered a Pacquiao fight, I wanted so badly to order Pacquiao vs Clottey, Margarito, and Shane a little bit, but something told me not to and BOY was I right.

Comment

pacman marquez 3 was definitely worth it
                      alvarado presscot was good
                      and marquez pacman as well

they were both good show

I dont think the decision brings down the value of the PPV

Comment

Working...
                      X