Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those Who Are Picking Pacquiao to Beat Cotto...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ravishing View Post
    Thing with that is Cotto without question is going to be the hardest puncher he's ever faced up to this point, so taking punishment from Cotto while getting shots off isn't necessarily the best idea. But when Pacquiao faces other offensive fighters he loves to trade. Pacquiao is fast, but I don't believe he has the ability to simply box Cotto all night like I believe Mayweather would be able to. Pacquiao was successful using those angles against a guy like Diaz who's very stationary, but Cotto doesn't fight that way either.

I'm truthfully trying to find a fight where Pacquiao boxed a complete 12 rounds without exchanging and not getting hit. I believe thats what a lot of people see happening in this fight.

Why not? He was boxing DLH all night. He didn't get careless when he realized he was winning every round.

Hatton diff. story because he actually was physical with Pac , but I still believe Pac will box all night if he has to. He has the great ability to follow his corners instructions. why? because they (roach/pac) have like this father/son thing going on.

Comment

I am rooting for Cotto, but I think Manny could very well turn out to be too fast, and his speed translates to pretty decent power as well. He looked exceptionally good moving up in weight.

I am sure he can hurt Cotto with his shots and will get to him with his speed. Cotto can most definitely hurt him too, the question is can he get to him to do that...

Comment

Speed,angles,southpaw stance and movements are the things that are going to be Pacquiao's main asset and advantages for me, Cotto's would be to land enough to put a dent in Pac especially the body, If cotto can land enough to the body then he has a better chance...For me pacqiauo all the way in this fight even though am praying for a cotto win.

Comment

Speed does kill. It's also his style, and his level of activity. Really, the only reason I don't think Cotto gets beat up badly is that Pac has to prove he can take a strong welterweight's punches. Pac will fight much the same as he always has, but he has gotten better since back in the days when Morales beat him. He is much better with his right, he has better defense, and he isn't as wild depending on landing the big left.

The reason Pac's speed is such a big deal is because in the lower weights fighters are used to it and can handle it. Welterweights are not used to a guy with featherweight speed combined with very solid power, which Pac is. It's usually one or the other.

Comment

If Pac beats Cotto, it is because he has the glow. Like Bruce Leroy had in the last dragon.

Pac is at the top of his game right now. Close to unbeatable. Just like Tyson was was in his day, and like Ali and SRR.

Comment

Something that's probably getting me to doubt a sure Pac win is the fact that Cotto can assume either stance. Miguel is a natural lefty so he should be very comfortable with the southpaw stance. Now if you all remember round 12 of the first Morales fight, I'd say Pac was (VERY) suprised when Erik switched and Erik was very effective with his right jab.

Comment

honestly think Pac is too fast for him.

If you take Cotto's last fight instance, if Clottey had picked up the pace then he could have got a result, put Pac in that same position and it would have been a different outcome imo.

Comment

Another thing is Cotto to me has been showing alot of signs of wear and tear, While Pac has relatively stroll in his last 3 fights making him fresh, Cotto has to come down to 145 which is a restriction menatally while Pac doesnt have to bother himself about weight...All the sign and advantages are on pac

Comment

Pac is just to fast for Miguel..

Comment

In my opinion, I think Pac will win because I believe that Cotto is shot psychologically,and despite the size difference,Manny seems to be coming up really well. Cotto it seems,also doesnt treat his health to well away from the ring. I dont want to upset the Ricans' here,cos they are cool for the most part(I am also a big fan of Cotto),but I think Cotto is on the slide and he will lose more than he wins at the top level over the next three years.

Comment

Working...
                      X