Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Jacobs: WBA Denies Request To Modify Purse Bid Split

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why doesn't Golovkin just give Jacobs 40% and a tuneup beforehand? SMH Lil G can't stop ducking, clearly he wants the fight less than Jacobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
      not so sure its the right thing the right thing would of been to increase his percentage by 5 or 10 percent. now the fight might not even happen if its a small purse bid
      It was already 75/25 though. This isn't really news since 75/25 was already the purse split involving a super champion and mandatory. The rule was already in place. The only thing here is that Team Jacobs sent a request that asked the WBA to change this rule - team jacobs wanted the WBA to change it's entire split structure and they did so knowing Jacobs was mandatory to Golovkin. The WBA is simply saying, no we aren't changing the rules (just for you). It would be like Team Golovkin requesting the WBC change the purse bid split when he was mandatory to Canelo, it's crazy to even ask imo and it was just a way for Team Jacobs to see if they can get a better deal before deciding on taking whatever offer Golovkin has on the table or not fighting at all.

Comment

• All this means is that DiBella/Haymon are going to really commit to putting the money up for Daniel Jacobs' biggest fight ever. Had a brief conversation with OnePunch a while ago (about the possibility that Golovkin could have in his contract with K2 a provision that would allow them to forsake a significant chunk of what his take on a bid could be, in the name of having control of the event), but the stakes just went up.

If K2 continues to hold up the money, DiBella is going to see what Barclays Center is willing to put up to host the fight, Haymon will talk to Stephen Espinoza to see what the Showtime money could possibly look like, the rest of the revenues will be projected out, and DiBella/Haymon will work towards a bid that they view as being more than what K2 is seemingly willing to put up for the fight.

60/40 (assuming that Jacobs' camp is placing their value off of what Golovkin has made in fights) would seem to indicate that $2m to Golovkin/~$1.25m to Jacobs is about where Jacobs and Co are angling for (on the disclosed pay to the fighters).

If K2 isn't even offering that, the bid reaction is going to get messy.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Why doesn't Golovkin just give Jacobs 40% and a tuneup beforehand? SMH Lil G can't stop ducking, clearly he wants the fight less than Jacobs.
          Hahahaha.

1. Jacobs been KO before, GGG NEVER BEEN PHASED IN HIS BOXING CAREER.
          2. GGG BRINGS THE BELTS, Jacob is just a challenger.
          3. GGG Puts asses to seats on west and east coast and is internationally known, Jacob ? no one outside of BK knows him.

ggg does not win anything by beating jacobs, jacobs wins it all 75/25 is fair

You serious jack? 75/25 is generous !
          And its not GGG its wba rules you nimrod
          Last edited by MantisToboggan; 10-12-2016, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            Before the split was announced Showtime said they're going to aggressively go after this fight
            The split has already been known. It's been 75/25. I guess you can say "before the WBA officially rejected Team Jacob's request to change the rules...".

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              Makes sense???
              Yep. Golden Boy did it for the Lemiuex-Ndam fight when no one else bid

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
                I meant to say he shouldn't be making triple not double oops.

yes I fully acknowledge that GGG is by far the bigger draw but c'mon he was a far bigger draw than Lemieux and only made 500k more than Lemieux's 1.5mill. I think 65/35 is a good fair split. Jacobs should take the fight no matter how much he gets paid. High risk high reward.
                Lemieux is a bigger star than jacobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                  Lol that pretty delicate China of his would absolutely get shattered.
                  I think you're being a little hard on the man, but let's say you're right, perhaps he would rather delay his kristallnacht - he could probably go some time before he has to face another puncher like Mora.

No, seriously though, what else is Jacobs supposed to do if he won't fight Golovkin?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    One other question?

Say no other promotor shows up and you win the bid super low (Like Ortiz/Ustinov). But you always pay your fighter pretty good. Could u pay your fighter more without having to give the other fighter more than the bid percentage?? Or would the split be of what your fighter is getting paid???

Example.

I win bid with $3 million 75/25 guaranteed split. But I don't want to pay my fighter $2.25 million but instead I want to give then $4 million (Yeah I know stupid and not good business). Could I still pay other fight $750K???

Yes you can. And that happens on occasion when the bid split wouldnt meet the minimum purse requirements of that fighters contract.

Comment

• Knew this fight wasnt gonna happen

Comment

Working...
                      X