Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any BoxingScene Weightloss Success Stories?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by - Ram Raid - View Post
    Here's the book I suggested.

http://files.meetup.com/3189652/Joel...0To%20Live.pdf

It's an older edition to the one that I have so it doesn't have case studies at the beginning of each chapter or testimonials from those who have used it.

Even if you're not willing to follow it I'd suggest you read about how your brain controls dietary drive starting on page 26.
    Thanks, I downloaded it.

Will read it through-out my Christmas break.

In 2011 I used to weigh 210-2015lbs when I broke up with my GF. I wanted to get a new GF of course, so I decided to lose weight. I started counting calories.

For breakfast I would have:
    1. 1 cup of cereal
    2. 1/2 cup low fat milk
    3. Coffee with 4 creamers and splenda

I would have a granola bar for a snack

For lunch I would have:
    • A 6 inch turkey or roast beef sandwich on wheat, no condiments, just vinegar
    • A bag of baked lays
    • 16oz cup of light lemonade

For dinner I would have:
    • A steamer TV dinner thingy magiger

I would have a couple of granola bars as snack afterwards or a couple oranges or apples.

In 6 months I lost 50 lbs, NO exercise.

So I got a new GF and stopped watching what I eat.

I'm sure the weight I lost was mostly muscle because I gained most of the weight back but I think I look fatter now!

So now I need to do something different to lose the weight.

I joined a gym last Wednesday but I get 2 weeks off for Christmas so I only went Thursday and Friday and I've been slacking it up and feel guilty!

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
      Thanks, I downloaded it.

Will read it through-out my Christmas break.

In 2011 I used to weigh 210-2015lbs when I broke up with my GF. I wanted to get a new GF of course, so I decided to lose weight. I started counting calories.

For breakfast I would have:
      1. 1 cup of cereal
      2. 1/2 cup low fat milk
      3. Coffee with 4 creamers and splenda

For lunch I would have:
      • A 6 inch turkey or roast beef sandwich on wheat, no condiments, just vinegar
      • A bag of baked lays
      • 16oz cup of light lemonade

For dinner I would have:
      • A steamer TV dinner thingy magiger

I would have a couple of granola bars as snack afterwards or a couple oranges or apples.

In 6 months I lost 50 lbs, NO exercise.

So I got a new GF and stopped watching what I eat.

I'm sure the weight I lost was mostly muscle because I gained most of the weight back but I think I look fatter now!

So now I need to do something different to lose the weight.

I joined a gym last Wednesday but I get 2 weeks off for Christmas so I only went Thursday and Friday and I've been slacking it up and feel guilty!
      Ya that's the problem with just losing weight with no exercise, it doesn't keep your body tight. Hammer 100-200 push-ups a day, no matter how you get to that number, and lay off wheat and you'll be good. Go to the gym when you can, but if you can't, doing push-ups will work wonders.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
        I have had several WL success stories. When I was 18 I lost 58 pounds training. I also grew four inches taller somehow. Late bloomer I guess. I always believed in working it off more than diet. I know a lot of people that tried various diets(like atkins) and a year later they are right back where they started. I believe people that want to lose weight should find exercises they can practically do forever because when they get away from them the weight will come back. Of course less ice cream and avoiding fast food helps.
        But who's got time to exercise?

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
          . Hammer 100-200 push-ups a day, no matter how you get to that number, and lay off wheat and you'll be good. Go to the gym when you can, but if you can't, doing push-ups will work wonders.
          IMO when you can do 30-40 without stopping...it's at that point too easy. Use weighted vests/chains to add weight.

Same with all types of dips obviously.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
          Last edited by Run; 12-24-2014, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
            1. What was your highest weight?
            2. How much did you lose?
            3. How did you lose it?
            4. How long did it take you?
            5. What did you eat?
            6. Have you maintained the weight off?
            I was always a fatass growing up because when it comes to parenting, Filipinos associate love with food, and my parents loved the **** out of me. I had already hit 200 pounds by middle school. My highest weight was probably around high school freshman year when I hit 250.

By my senior year I was 185, and the lowest weight I ever been at was 175 ~ 180, But I didn't like the way I looked. My head was too big and my body looked unnaturally small in comparison, my Ideal sexy weight is around 190-200 and that's what I maintain now.

I lost it by lying awake every night feeling like an outcast, being haunted by anyone who ever made fun of me, and all the girls I wanted to be with that wanted nothing to do with me, and feeling physically inferior to every single guy(in attractiveness, not strength) one night it got so bad that I woke up crying in the middle of the night after I asked my 5 year crush out to homecoming and she said no. I was just like **** it, I'm not going to accept this, and I just started doing pushups, half asleep, half crying, until my arms died.

From that night I told myself I was going to lose the weight or I was going to die. Zero compromise. Every morning I would run until i couldn't run anymore. I starved myself. Every waking moment I had of free time, I spent it burning calories. I put myself through hell for about a couple months. After doing that for a while it became a habit. Every morning I would run and stretch. Every afternoon I would do strength training. Every night I would do situps, pushups, drills I learned in Football and P.E, anything I could do over and over until I collapsed. I also took up an interest in nutrition. I started studying vitamins and flavonoids and that kept going. I eventually got a degree in dietetics and nutrition(that I never used- although I'm in the medical field so it doesn't hurt my resume)

To get from 250 to 190 took about a year. The summer of sop****re year is when I really went hard, because I didn't have school holding me back anymore. When we came back from summer break nobody could believe I was me lol, all the girls that ignored me... suddenly started showing interest in me. All the girls that were nice to me, suddenly started getting shy and nervous around me. All the girls that didn't know I existed, suddenly started getting friendly and giggly around me. It was intoxicating. All the girls that would never look at me, I suddenly consistently stealing glances at me. It was intoxicating. To this day I've never been able to let go of that feeling. That's the reason I stay healthy, because I never want girls to stop liking me.

I didn't really watch what I eat. As much as possible I didn't eat at all. I treated food like the enemy. I only ate when I couldn't take it anymore. Now that I know more about nutrition, I don't eat for taste, I eat only for nutrients, health and energy. I treat food as something I have to do, not something I want to do. Although the fatass in me comes out every once in a while and I let myself pig out. It's not about how much you eat, it's what you eat. If you eat nonstop courses of lean meat and vegetables everyday, you'll never gain weight. You'll gain more energy than you store. But if you eat cheeseburgers and pizza and chips and donuts everyday then you're ****ed.

Yeah I kept the weight off, because the world judges you too much by your appearance. I've been fat before and I know what it's like, and I will never go back. I would rather die. Everytime I start getting lazy or my diet gets away from me and I venture in the 210 range, I put out all the stops and get myself back down, like I always have before.
            Last edited by DARKSEID; 12-24-2014, 12:42 PM.

Comment

I've lost 30lbs this year from eating right and daily exercise. Plan to lose another 20 in 2015.

Originally posted by Genius~ View Post
              I was always a fatass growing up because when it comes to parenting, Filipinos associate love with food, and my parents loved the **** out of me. I had already hit 200 pounds by middle school. My highest weight was probably around high school freshman year when I hit 250.

By my senior year I was 185, and the lowest weight I ever been at was 175 ~ 180, But I didn't like the way I looked. My head was too big and my body looked unnaturally small in comparison, my Ideal sexy weight is around 190-200 and that's what I maintain now.

I lost it by lying awake every night feeling like an outcast, being haunted by anyone who ever made fun of me, and all the girls I wanted to be with that wanted nothing to do with me, and feeling physically inferior to every single guy(in attractiveness, not strength) one night it got so bad that I woke up crying in the middle of the night after I asked my 5 year crush out to homecoming and she said no. I was just like **** it, I'm not going to accept this, and I just started doing pushups, half asleep, half crying, until my arms died.

From that night I told myself I was going to lose the weight or I was going to die. Zero compromise. Every morning I would run until i couldn't run anymore. I starved myself. Every waking moment I had of free time, I spent it burning calories. I put myself through hell for about a couple months. After doing that for a while it became a habit. Every morning I would run and stretch. Every afternoon I would do strength training. Every night I would do situps, pushups, drills I learned in Football and P.E, anything I could do over and over until I collapsed. I also took up an interest in nutrition. I started studying vitamins and flavonoids and that kept going. I eventually got a degree in dietetics and nutrition(that I never used- although I'm in the medical field so it doesn't hurt my resume)

To get from 250 to 190 took about a year. The summer of sop****re year is when I really went hard, because I didn't have school holding me back anymore. When we came back from summer break nobody could believe I was me lol, all the girls that ignored me... suddenly started showing interest in me. All the girls that were nice to me, suddenly started getting shy and nervous around me. All the girls that didn't know I existed, suddenly started getting friendly and giggly around me. It was intoxicating. All the girls that would never look at me, I suddenly consistently stealing glances at me. It was intoxicating. To this day I've never been able to let go of that feeling. That's the reason I stay healthy, because I never want girls to stop liking me.

I didn't really watch what I eat. As much as possible I didn't eat at all. I treated food like the enemy. I only ate when I couldn't take it anymore. Now that I know more about nutrition, I don't eat for taste, I eat only for nutrients, health and energy. I treat food as something I have to do, not something I want to do. Although the fatass in me comes out every once in a while and I let myself pig out. It's not about how much you eat, it's what you eat. If you eat nonstop courses of lean meat and vegetables everyday, you'll never gain weight. You'll gain more energy than you store. But if you eat cheeseburgers and pizza and chips and donuts everyday then you're ****ed.

Yeah I kept the weight off, because the world judges you too much by your appearance. I've been fat before and I know what it's like, and I will never go back. I would rather die. Everytime I start getting lazy or my diet gets away from me and I venture in the 210 range, I put out all the stops and get myself back down, like I always have before.
              Epic post, man. I'd green you if I could. Respect.
              Last edited by paulf; 12-24-2014, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Highest weight = 154lbs
                Lowest weight = 132lbs
                How much did you lose? = 22lbs
                How did you lose it? = HIIT training (high intensity interval training)
                How long did it take you? = 30 days
                What did you eat? = protein only one meal per day (pulses, lean chicken, ABSOLUTELY 0 carbs)
                Have you maintained the weight off? = maintained the weight for a long time, then gradually started gaining after I let go of the diet part.

This involved a LOT of rest...mid day naps etc. I used to feel like shyt from starving myself & getting no carbs. I used to wake up in the morning feeling like I was gonna faint right there...used to cook up breakfast right then & eat..that was the best/most energetic I used to feel in the entire day

Comment

Originally posted by Genius~ View Post

Wow... thanks for sharing. Truly motivating.

Comment

My weight fluctuates like Ricky Hatton. I love food and beer too much, and become lazy as hell after it starts getting colder. At my highest I was 258. That was 8 years ago and it will never happen again. Depending in the season I range from 180-205. Right now I'm 205 lol. I'll be 180 by april. It's what I've done for the last 4 years. Terrible for my body but it works for me. I will always be chubby, but that doesn't bother me and it's never stopped me from getting laid.

Anyway all I do is hit the gym 1 hour a day 4-5 days a week. 20-30 min. Of intense cardio, and a good weight routine for each major muscle. I limit my calories to under 1800 at the beginning then 2000. I eat low fat foods like chicken, fish, turkey. I eat at least 2 meals with a serving of veggies. The only carbs I eat are sweet potatoes and fruit like apples, kiwi, berries. Sometimes I mix in brown rice and Multigrain bread is good too.

The weight always drops off for me. Im about to be 27 though and this year I've already decided that I'm going to really try to stay under 180 all year, so I'm at least going to be consistent with my workouts all year.

Comment

This is exactly where I'm at? Is this fixable?

"If you go on a very strict diet and gain the weight back quickly, you might lose a lot of muscle and regain a lot of fat," ........... "Then your metabolism operates on a slower idle, which means it's going to be harder to lose weight as time goes on."

I've been going to the gym 5 days a week for 4 weeks now, doing 45 minute cardio on Tuesday and Thursday, and on MWF I do a little bit of cardio and about 45 minutes of resistance training. I eat about 1,350- 1,500 calories a day. I really haven't lost weight.

About 4 years ago, I would lose about 1 to 2 lbs a week with zero exercise and just calorie counting. Now I added exercise and I can't lose weight.

Am I doomed?

Comment

Working...
                      X