Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

trying to dead a debate.lol..do jabs help a fighter get on the inside?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
    cause you jab while using head movement and giving the fighter something to think about while you work your way in..cant just walk in while throwing nothing and throwing hooks will get you counter with straight punches alot of the time
    also its the easiest way to get of first

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
      yes larry you are dumb and i was the one who said it. you are dumb because i never said jabs are only good to create space but it definitely creates a distance when you throw it because it's a long punch.

jabs are set-up punches that's why most of the time it's the first punch you'd like to throw before a combination. now when you like to get inside you'd definitely want to try to shorten the gap between you and your opponent so it's better to throw shorter punches like hooks and uppercuts. those for me are better options than a jab while goin in. but like i said most of the time you'd want to start-off with a jab to setup your attack...but if you want the best result for inside fighting use hooks and uppercuts.
      anyone agree with this guy??

Comment

how can you shorten the distance with hooks and uppercuts man??you gotta be inside to make those punches count..ever threw a uppercut from the outside???not a good look
        Ask Buster Douglas what happens when you throw that uppercut from the outside.....assuming he can even remember the result.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
          yes larry you are dumb and i was the one who said it. you are dumb because i never said jabs are only good to create space but it definitely creates a distance when you throw it because it's a long punch.

jabs are set-up punches that's why most of the time it's the first punch you'd like to throw before a combination. now when you like to get inside you'd definitely want to try to shorten the gap between you and your opponent so it's better to throw shorter punches like hooks and uppercuts. those for me are better options than a jab while goin in. but like i said most of the time you'd want to start-off with a jab to setup your attack...but if you want the best result for inside fighting use hooks and uppercuts.
          u dont start jabbing while ur are inside allready

is that what u thought larry meant

cause if u say yes u might be able to get uself off of the hook

u use it to workur way inside while u are outside

Comment

yeah, it's called "jabbing your way inside"

Comment

Its not necessary.

Comment

no

but if that is what he thinks...

then let him do it that way ithe ring

Comment

No I don't, when was the last time you saw a fighter hurling uppercuts from the outside in an attempt to close in on his opponent?????

Comment

Originally posted by Fooly Cooly View Post
                    Its not necessary.
                    ^^^^^ Worships Qa-dafty = 0 credibility

Comment

jabs dont count

Comment

Working...
                      X