No announcement yet.

Ike Ibeabuchi vs Lennox Lewis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
    The analogy to serial killers is a strawman. The vast majority of them are NOT mentally ill. They may be sick mother****ers but most do not suffer from mental illness. Things such as Schizophrenia, Bi-Polar, PTSD, ect. ect. ect. are legitimate diseases not personal choices.

Poet
    I think people become shizophrenic or Bi Polar from thinking the wrong things.

If Ike was out of control and it was not his fault. I think that is not any better of a excuse then someone being to weak or slow to beat Lennox Lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by british_fan View Post
      Lewis wins an incredibly hard fought decision

its a shame what happened to ike,he could have done so much more
      Ibeabuchi beat David Tua when Tua was at his peak weighing 226lbs... Lewis beat Tua 3yrs later when Tua was 245lbs.. Ike engaged Tua in a slugfest, Lewis back-peddled and won a boring dicision over a grossly overweight Tua.. If Rahman & McCall could land a shot on Lewis chin then Ibeabuchi most certainly would and if it was anything like the shot he landed on Chris Byrd then it would be all over, its difficult to go on just 2 performances that were top class from Ike yet because he was still a virtual novice at that time it is fair to say that there was huge improvement to come, it is my opinion that improvement would have meant curtains for Lewis, Holyfield, Tyson, Bowe & The Klitschko brothers, i just cannot see how they could have beaten Ibeabuchi, in his fight with Byrd he weighed 245lbs and was build like a `brick-****house` add to it his punching power and the tremendous pace he set in his fights, i dont see how they could live with him... yet it is all hypothetical because Ike threw it all away and robbed us boxing fans of seeing how his career would have unfolded, it is my opinion that Ike Ibeabuchi would have been the 1st Billion Dollar fighter as thats how much money he would have made against the best of that era if he had remained unbeaten against them.

Comment

Originally posted by Holtol View Post
        I think people become shizophrenic or Bi Polar from thinking the wrong things.
        Oh please. That's like saying someone with breast cancer or tuberculoses got it from negative thinking. That's bull****.

Poet

Comment

Oh please. That's like saying someone with breast cancer or tuberculoses got it from negative thinking. That's bull****.

Poet
          the environment people are in effects their mind. I'm not saying its easy in some situations. But people can decide how they are going to perceive their environment. Is the glass half full or half empty?

Comment

Originally posted by Holtol View Post
            the environment people are in effects their mind. I'm not saying its easy in some situations. But people can decide how they are going to perceive their environment. Is the glass half full or half empty?
            You can't separate mind from body. The mind is as much a part of the body as the liver is. As such is subject to diseases as much as any other part of the body. One cannot simply will diseases away or will oneself to perpetual health. That's fantasy.

Poet

Comment

Lennox is being over rated here. I think Ibeabuchi beats fairly convincingly via KO.

Lennox Lewis was never very good. He could back peddle his way to a decision against contenders who were past it, but Lewis could never go toe to toe with a prime contender and come out with a W.

Lewis has weak legs and no chin - one of the most over rated heavyweights ever.

Ike lands some power shots to Lewis' dome and sends him home early. Actually, if Ike wouldn't have been crazy, he probably would have destroyed what little legacy Lennox has today.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
                Lennox is being over rated here. I think Ibeabuchi beats fairly convincingly via KO.

Lennox Lewis was never very good. He could back peddle his way to a decision against contenders who were past it, but Lewis could never go toe to toe with a prime contender and come out with a W.

Lewis has weak legs and no chin - one of the most over rated heavyweights ever.

Ike lands some power shots to Lewis' dome and sends him home early. Actually, if Ike wouldn't have been crazy, he probably would have destroyed what little legacy Lennox has today.
                I tend to think Lennox is better than you give him credit for. That being said, I would rate him a near-great rather than an ATG. I DO think if Ike hadn't been nuts we would be asking "Who are the Klitschkos? ".

Poet

Comment

i totally agree with Carlos & Poet... Ike was on the verge of emerging as the next Great Heavyweight and was a champion in the making when he stupidly threw it all away.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                    i totally agree with Carlos & Poet... Ike was on the verge of emerging as the next Great Heavyweight and was a champion in the making when he stupidly threw it all away.
                    I honestly believe that it was out of his control. No man in his right mind would willingly throw something so great away for a life in jail. He obviously had something wrong with him that he could not overcome.

Comment

I tend to think Lennox is better than you give him credit for. That being said, I would rate him a near-great rather than an ATG. I DO think if Ike hadn't been nuts we would be asking "Who are the Klitschkos? ".

Poet
                      Maybe it's best talked about in a new thread, but what makes you think I'm not giving Lennox his due?

I don't like to put any fighter down, but this is a guy that I just can not stand and I think I have good reason. He was KO'd by 2 nobodies, in the prime of his career when he was as good as he ever was. He never beat any top contenders in their prime in a convincing fashion.

The Tua he fought would have been KO'd by any ATG or Near great - Lewis took him to a decision - in my eyes he didn't get the job done right.

Lennox' resume can be picked apart so easily in the worst way. And while you can do that with any fighters resume, even my all time favorite Mike Tyson, at least Tyson did his job right by KO'ng almost all of his opponents in a very convincing way.

Lennox has never been impressive in the way he's won his fights, and I know to you that doesn't matter, but to me and many fans it does. I've heard you say PBF potshots his way to victory and that takes away from his greatness - the same should hold true for the Overrated Lennox Lewis.

I'm curious to know what I am missing when it comes to the career of Lennox Lewis.

Comment

Working...
                      X