• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shinerbop View Post
    Amir Khan: ‘I’d be a superstar if I was white’
    Ron Lewis

Amir Khan: "Sometimes you don't see the appreciation"

Amir Khan, the boxer who was portrayed as a perfect image of multicultural Britain when he won an Olympic silver medal in 2004, said that he would be a bigger star if he was white.

Khan, 22, has been booed regularly by boxing crowds in the past year despite winning a world title in July. “It’s probably jealousy and sometimes skin colour does make a difference,” the fighter said. “I would be a superstar in Britain. I never get racial remarks [said to my face], but it’s always out there, which you can’t stop. You just live and learn about what people are like. I just choose to ignore them.”

He makes the first defence of his WBA light-welterweight title against Dmitri Salita in Newcastle upon Tyne tonight, but has said that he would like to box next year in the United States, where he now trains. He said that he suffered abuse after losing in September last year to Breidis Prescott, of Colombia, which was his only professional defeat.

“Straight after the Prescott fight, when people said, ‘He’s finished’, there were racial remarks made. If you go on the message boards and chat forums there are always people who have to get the religious thing in. But it made me stronger, it made me come back stronger and made be a better fighter

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=888_1259986937

He is pissing and moaning that he should be a bigger "super star" and he would be if he was white.

No, he isn't a superstar because he has a ridiculously fragile chin and goes down like a rag doll. The idiot has no punch resistance and will never be elite.

Also, Muslims aren't exactly popular right now in the world, and the brits don't like having an Immigrant like Khan pretend he is English. But thats more of a cultural thing than really a racial thing.
    that statement says more about you than amir khan.

how do you feel about people like lewis, bruno, nasim, benn, haye or even froch for that matter?

Comment

• Funny thing is i was sitting next to around 8/9 asians at the Barrera=khan fight and they were booing him also!lol.There has been plenty of british world champs who dont catch the imagination of the public regardless of colour, he's just one of them, it just seems amplified cuz we have just had Hattons career. I have to be honest, i dont like the guy, i think he's a ****, but hey he makes waaay more cash than me.

Comment

• Originally posted by stefjonno1 View Post
        Funny thing is i was sitting next to around 8/9 asians at the Barrera=khan fight and they were booing him also!lol.There has been plenty of british world champs who dont catch the imagination of the public regardless of colour, he's just one of them, it just seems amplified cuz we have just had Hattons career. I have to be honest, i dont like the guy, i think he's a ****, but hey he makes waaay more cash than me.
        Its not just whites who hate him Indians I have met hate him wth a passion. I think he wouldn't be so hated if he wasnt so arrogant and go on about allah al the time

Comment

• Khan is a bum with a glass chin, next he'll be calling out Ricky Hatton in a few years, after he's long retired.

Comment

Working...
          X