Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather holding down Cotto to foil Canelo's plans?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patrick_Bateman View Post
    Some might say Floyd is negotiating cotto to foil Canelos plans of stealing may 2ND. Its a long shot but is this just a smokescreen? Is Floyd really planning on Pac for May and just gonna screw over Cotto? What do yall think?
    If anything I think by stealing Cotto away from Canelo, Floyd ends up being hurt more than benefited.

If Floyd fights Cotto then Oscar is going to match Canelo with another fighter (Kirkland) on free HBO the same night. This ends up hurting Mayweather as many would be PPV purchasers, such as myself would rather watch the Canelo fight free on HBO.

Comment

I think that's exactly what he is doing but Canelo will still fight on the same date in May so he will take some money away from Mayweather's fight and Mayweather will take some money from Canelo's fight. Competition is good. Canelo would have stepped aside for Mayweather-Pacquiao but Mayweather never wanted to fight Pacquiao any more than Cotto wanted to fight Canelo. Canelo is going to hurt somebody in May and Mayweather will outbox Cotto again with nobody getting hurt. That's my prediction. Lots of fans would rather watch Canelo than Mayweather.

Comment

I hope Alvarez and De La Hoya hold their line and have him fight on the 2nd,with a great undercard for free,UNLESS Mayweather does the right thing
        and fights Pacquaio.You can't be a non Mexican claiming it's your date when your potential opponent was nicknamed "The Mexicutioner",you joker.

Comment

Working...
        X