Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Manuel Charr Vitali's worst opponent since he came out of retirement?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=JAB5239;12408042]

A year ago when Vitaly fought Adamek his nuthuggers were saying he was still in his prime. You guys love to swing both ways I'll tell ya. Yes, he is past prime though but clearly not shot. Had he had to fight Ali's comp he would look shot.

Let me know when Vitaly or Wlad have a Frazier 1 and 3, a Liston 1 and 2, a Foreman, 3 fights with Norton. Vitaly has one gutsy performance.....a loss. And since he came back he's fought a bunch of stiffs.

Haye needs to beat another top 10 fighter before getting a shot. But he did more than beat a fighter Vitaly outclassed, he ktfo. THAT is why the hype has been building.

The same thing happens with Floyd fans when Floyd fought Mosley and then criticize Pac in less than a year later. If you know what I mean?
    I thought he looked good vs Adamek but it looked to me as his last hurray. I don't think he's shot either but when you don't feel it and being over 40 I can understand.

I cannot believe you just put Liston 2. Well I'm sorry that they have made the rest of the world throw the white flag and resort to hating. It's like those sore losers who lose by a ton of points to a great basketball team. They call it unsportsmanlike because they continue to keep dominating and not give them a chance to score.

A prime fighter knocks a guy out while a guy who's about to retire isn't. Oh my!! What an accomplishment. Chisora still got outclassed by Vitali.

Comment

[QUOTE][QUOTE=Mr. Fantastic;12408053]
      Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

The same thing happens with Floyd fans when Floyd fought Mosley and then criticize Pac in less than a year later. If you know what I mean?
      I thought he looked good vs Adamek but it looked to me as his last hurray. I don't think he's shot either but when you don't feel it and being over 40 I can understand.
      Than why accept Charr? If he doesn't feel it anymore he should just straight retire instead of ripping off the fans and the sport with this sorry match up.

I cannot believe you just put Liston 2. Well I'm sorry that they have made the rest of the world throw the white flag and resort to hating. It's like those sore losers who lose by a ton of points to a great basketball team. They call it unsportsmanlike because they continue to keep dominating and not give them a chance to score.
      They are the best and everyone else stinks, I agree.

A prime fighter knocks a guy out while a guy who's about to retire isn't. Oh my!! What an accomplishment. Chisora still got outclassed by Vitali.
      A guy coming out of retirement knocks out a guy the second most dominant fighter of this era couldn't...oh my!! THAT is why there is hype for Vits and Haye.

Comment

[QUOTE=JAB5239;12408145]

Than why accept Charr? If he doesn't feel it anymore he should just straight retire instead of ripping off the fans and the sport with this sorry match up.

They are the best and everyone else stinks, I agree.

A guy coming out of retirement knocks out a guy the second most dominant fighter of this era couldn't...oh my!! THAT is why there is hype for Vits and Haye.

Why should he just straight retire for? That's just plain dumb. He has fans that he wants to give them one last fight. Sure it's not the best but it's a farewell fight. @ ripping off. If that was the case his arenas wouldn't get packed up.

Frazier is another one of the most overrated mofos in history but that's another day.

But it's so contradicting with the hype though. A guy in his prime against a guy outside of his prime planning to retire. Oh it only works when the shoe is in the other foot right?

Comment

anybody who didn't vote 'yes' hasn't seen charr fight - and aren't they lucky ... the guy is by far the worst opponent vitali has faced since god knows when - he has struggled to dodgy decisions against guys with more losses than wins - audrey Harrison would beat charr ... seriously - I kid you not Audrey freaking harrison.

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
            anybody who didn't vote 'yes' hasn't seen charr fight - and aren't they lucky ... the guy is by far the worst opponent vitali has faced since god knows when - he has struggled to dodgy decisions against guys with more losses than wins - audrey Harrison would beat charr ... seriously - I kid you not Audrey freaking harrison.
            Roberto Duran was beating guys with losing records and double digit losses in his prime and is still considered great.

Comment

[QUOTE][QUOTE=Mr. Fantastic;12408174]

Why should he just straight retire for? That's just plain dumb. He has fans that he wants to give them one last fight. Sure it's not the best but it's a farewell fight. @ ripping off. If that was the case his arenas wouldn't get packed up.
              Why fight if you're not feeling it any more? Or maybe he just wants that highest ko% back. If that the case he's at least giving his fans something back. Of course he's ripping off boxing fans br getting it against sub par competition. But hey, if Klit fans are cool with that than good for you!!

Frazier is another one of the most overrated mofos in history but that's another day.

Yeah, he just beat a 29 year old version of the greatest heavyweight in most peoples eyes. He sucks!

But it's so contradicting with the hype though. A guy in his prime against a guy outside of his prime planning to retire. Oh it only works when the shoe is in the other foot right?
              The guy about to retire isn't shot as you've said yourself and is still dominating. You need both shoes on with your feet planted firmly to the ground instead of in the clouds to understand this. Charr is a bum....the hype around Haye if for the reasons I pointed out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                Roberto Duran was beating guys with losing records and double digit losses in his prime and is still considered great.

Double digit losses mean nothing if you've been fighting top comp. And go back to boxrec and check that out again. Im pretty sure Duran was beating those guys with losing records in non title bouts. Of course if the fights were in Panama those records may be incomplete and misleading too.

Comment

Double digit losses mean nothing if you've been fighting top comp. And go back to boxrec and check that out again. Im pretty sure Duran was beating those guys with losing records in non title bouts. Of course if the fights were in Panama those records may be incomplete and misleading too.
                  I already checked. There was a handful (5 or 6) of non-title bouts against fighters with losing records in the mid to late '70s when Duran was barnstorming around Latin America. They all were non-title affairs and really just glorified exhibitions.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                    I already checked. There was a handful (5 or 6) of non-title bouts against fighters with losing records in the mid to late '70s when Duran was barnstorming around Latin America. They all were non-title affairs and really just glorified exhibitions.

Poet
                    I figured as much. In other words getting paid for a glorified sparring match, but having the decency not to try and count it towards an actual defense.

Comment

I figured as much. In other words getting paid for a glorified sparring match, but having the decency not to try and count it towards an actual defense.
                      Exactly It's an unknown concept these days where fighters fight once or twice a year.

Poet

Comment

Working...
                      X