Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video: Floyd Mayweather vs. Emanuel Burton (Highlights)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd hasn't fought that aggressively and taken chances like that in YEARS. Plus he isn't nearly as athletic as he was then, and we don't know what toll inactivity has taken. On the flip side, he is a lot more polished defensively than he was then. Notice how easily Augustus was able to land, it was actually a fight. If he fought the same Burton today, he'd win an easy UD. Wouldn't be as spectacular or fun to watch but he wouldn't really get touched and would coast.

Ortiz hits a lot harder than Emmanuel, so no way Floyd is trading with him at 34 like he did against a softer puncher at 23. Look for him to do the safety dance in the ring and stinking out the joint as usual after talking a big game on 24/7

Comment

I remember an old interview done with Floyd in which he said Burton was one of his toughest fights that he'd ever been in. Looking at these highlights shows he wasn't lying. Props to the drunken master for at least being competitive for as long as he lasted.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
        Floyd should sit down on his shots against Ortiz. He's much fster than Maidana who was able to beat Ortiz to the punch. More elusive than peterson who landed multiple thudding punches. Ortiz will probably land early but it will be elementary by the 4th or 5th. Floyd's gonna beat him up bad. We're watching the best to do it and we act like we dont know it.
        Floyd should fight Ortiz just like he did Marquez, no need to trade punches and play macho, school the young man like a teacher and student

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          um lets act like floyd is a much older and smarter fighter plz...
          I was replying to someone else sir.

Comment

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
            I was replying to someone else sir.
            you are right, i apologize.

Comment

Look at round 5.

Hopefully we get something like that in the Ortiz fight.

Comment

Burton busted Floyd up pretty bad in this fight, his unorthodox approach is hard to fight, imagine if he actually had decent one punch power.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
                  Floyd hasn't fought that aggressively and taken chances like that in YEARS. Plus he isn't nearly as athletic as he was then, and we don't know what toll inactivity has taken. On the flip side, he is a lot more polished defensively than he was then. Notice how easily Augustus was able to land, it was actually a fight. If he fought the same Burton today, he'd win an easy UD. Wouldn't be as spectacular or fun to watch but he wouldn't really get touched and would coast.

Ortiz hits a lot harder than Emmanuel, so no way Floyd is trading with him at 34 like he did against a softer puncher at 23. Look for him to do the safety dance in the ring and stinking out the joint as usual after talking a big game on 24/7
                  Interesting comments.

It's natural that a bigger and harder puncher will do more damage as you go up in weight.

Strange and odd how your boy easily withstands much bigger and harder punchers the higher division he performs in.

Last edited by Jedi Vader; 07-12-2011, 08:20 AM.

Comment

I can see Floyd fighting like that against victor ortiz. ortiz wants to go for the knockout too much, so he won't use the jab too much. when ortiz throws his hooks, I can see Floyd getting inside the pocket, putting his elbows up and blocking with his elbows and throwing those short combos.

Comment

Good timing for this thread, you want to talk about robbery ask Emmanuel he's been @ the bad end of the stick of robberies for a lot of fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X