Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Golden Boy Promotions Be Completely Dead...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
    GBP better hope canelo becomes a star
    he is bigger than anyone on haymons stable besides floyd, and floyd is about to retire...

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      ...if they didn't have Canelo?

seems like a promotional outfit that only has one marketable fighter...unless i'm missing something? not sure who is still on their roster

is it safe to say that PBC has replaced them and the two major companies are Top Rank and Haymon's outfit?

it's pretty interesting how Top Rank outlasted Kingvision, GBP...will they outlast Haymon?

feel free to discuss...or post pics of *******
      I think they still have Lucas Matthyse? Hopkins? but other than that? Lets be real, they're back to the early GBP days. The Bash Bros, Might Mike Anchondo days.

I think its safe to say PBC has replaced Golden Boy.

IMHO PBC outlasts Golden Boy.

Comment

The key to gbp survival is to be able to make new stars, and I'm skeptical that they can do this.. They have never made a homegrown star-canelo was already a star in Mexico when he came stateside.. Mares is about their closest thing of taking a guy from amateurs and getting him to stardom but even mares with all his success was never on the doñaire, barrera type level of stardom or popularity..

Bob arum and top rank have been successful for so long because they have been able to build countless superstars
        Oscar
        Cotto
        Barrera
        Morales
        Manny
        Chavez jr
        Pavlik
        Floyd

Top rank is the best in the business at create new stars to replace the old.. It is essential for gbp and PBC to do the same if they want to be major players for the long run

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
          And go against his own belief? Why?
          It was in his best interest to, but it was his choice to do that. We all have the right to **** up our situation if we so choose if you think it is the right thing to do.

Maybe he can prove me wrong and make it work, I don't like his chances but it is not like he has 0 either.
          Last edited by The Gambler1981; 04-07-2015, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brush My Hair View Post
            PBC is the top promotional brand in boxing. They have pretty much taken over.

Lucy Pinder has some nice ****.
            This thread is taking a turn for the better :boobies:

Comment

Dead no, but they'd lose a major part of their organization. Trying to think of active fighters on the roster and he's their biggest star.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
                This thread is taking a turn for the better :boobies:
                Threads are always better when you can fit Lucy Pinder's **** in them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  The key to gbp survival is to be able to make new stars, and I'm skeptical that they can do this.. They have never made a homegrown star-
                  They have struggled with that in the past.

On the other hand, look at how they built up Deontay Wilder.

Granted, Wilder is no longer with GBP and he isn't a "star" yet, but they still were the promoter that helped build him up.

And they seem to be doing a good job so far with guys like Frankie Gomez and Joseph Diaz Jr.

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  Top rank is the best in the business at create new stars to replace the old
                  Agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
                    They have struggled with that in the past.

On the other hand, look at how they built up Deontay Wilder.

Granted, Wilder is no longer with GBP and he isn't a "star" yet, but they still were the promoter that helped build him up.

And they seem to be doing a good job so far with guys like Frankie Gomez and Joseph Diaz Jr.

Agree.
                    Yeah wilder was moved along nicely in terms of TV exposure.. Looking forward to seeing how diaz jr, Gomez and the other young guns develop into legit contenders.. The next 2 years will be crucial to gbp..

Imo they need to have these guys fight in every canelo undercard.. You have to leverage the eyeballs that canelo draws onto your young prospects. Top rank has done that trick for years.. Oscar was on foreman undercards.. Floyd was under Oscar. Cotto was under manny, morales. Don King hyped chavez and tito under tyson.. Gbp has to do the same with canelo.. And for that matter so should Haymon with the floyd cards.. Guys like wilder, and quillen should have been on every floyd card the last few years.. Had wilder beaten Stiverne on a floyd undercard, his name would be much bigger to the general public

Comment

It's simple, Haymon and Schaeffer screwed ODH over. Signed his established fighters over to Haymon since 2009-10.

They basically saw a ex-boxer to take advantage of, and robbed him for his assets.

Comment

Working...
                      X