Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would the punch that Earnie Shavers knocked Holmes down with have floored Vitali?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would the punch that Earnie Shavers knocked Holmes down with have floored Vitali?

This punch from Holmes-Shavers 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LijnCa33Uw

I'm not saying if Shavers could have been able to land this punch on Vitali Klitschko, but what would have happened if this punch did land on prime Vitali's chin.

Vitali is known for his solid out chin, but would he have hit the canvas if he tasted this punch?
    Yes
    88.89%
    No
    11.11%

Holmes got up, so I don't believe this shot would floor Vitali. I don't believe this shot is much harder than Lennox's perfect uppercut.
    Moreover if you take into account healthy-eyed Vitali and in his prime.

Comment

I disagree with you on the Lewis uppercut being as hard hitting as a Shavers right hook. Shavers along with Foreman are the 2 hardest hitting heavyweights ever.

Lewis got Vitali with the uppercut when they were close and saw an opening. Shavers put his whole body into that right hook, he really opened himself up for it.
      Last edited by KO'er; 01-29-2013, 06:19 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Better believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
          I disagree with you on the Lewis uppercut being as hard hitting as a Lewis uppercut. Shavers along with Foreman are the 2 hardest hitting heavyweights ever.

Lewis got Vitali with the uppercut when they were close and saw an opening. Shavers put his whole body into that right hook, he really opened himself up for it.
          I got it

yes, you might be right. It is just amazing how quickly holmes got up. Vitali's chin is better than Holmes's.

Comment

It would have different punch because Vitali is 4 inches taller. It would have lost a bit of power. This combined with Vitali's better chin would lead me to think he would have been staggered by not knocked down, the same way James Tillis was staggered but not dropped when Earnie hit him with a right hand (after the bell) in the early rounds of their fight.

Comment

Of course it would. It was a perfect shot by one of the hardest punchers ever. It would have floored any heavyweight in history in my opinion. Holmes had a hell of a chin, and this proved it.

Vitali would go down. It's whether he'd get back up that should be the question.

Such a great punch.

Comment

Yes.

VItali has a double chin. his and Wlad's BUT i think that Shavers shot would still floor him.

Holmes had a great chin in his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by miron_lang View Post
                  Yes.

VItali has a double chin. his and Wlad's [BUT i think that Shavers shot would still floor him.

Holmes had a great chin in his prime.
                  His and Wlad's?? Vitali has a much better chin than Wladimir.

Comment

I think it would put him down but not KO him

Comment

Working...
                    X