• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Not this **** again!!!!!
    yes I hope not

Comment

• First of all........

As boxing evolved, so did the fighters. Leonard defeated arguably the greatest middleweight in history. Do you understand the stamina, ring IQ, and boxing ability it takes to pull off such a feat? And he was retired for 5 years without a tune-up. Robinson had a somewhat robotic, old-school, hands too low style, like Joe Louis that wouldn't have worked against a more evolved technician like Ray. Do you understand that? Robinson could do nothing but get beat up in a fight against Leonard in the same way Holyfield, Tyson, Fraizer, Lennox Lewis, Bowe, etc, all would've beaten Joe Louis. Sure he could punch, for a 190lb fighter. He wasn't beating anyone I just named, PERIOD. Robinson was the first of his kind, but definitely not the last. Leonard beats him any day of the week. And there is nothing "cool" about having to fight 5-6 a month as Robinson did. He had to make a living back then. It had nothing to do with his toughness but more to do with the times and survival. It took me so many days to respond because this topic isn't up for debate in my opinion. Only people who think Robinson is the greatest fighter/middleweight in history are 50-60-70 year olds who don't wanna face reality.

Comment

• Reality??? Your on a boxing "forum" trying to explain how Sugar Ray Robinson isn't the best then and now to someone who owned a boxing gym, trained amateur and pro world champions and managed part of the Olympic Boxing team.
        Who the **** are you???????

Your reality is in your room and on a forum, mine was working in the sport for almost 50 years you doooffest! hahahaha!!!!

Tell me the name of your gym> Who you have worked with? How you arrive at your evaluations? Who mentored you on evaluating fighters? What methods and Techniques do you see different in the "modern day fighters"??

If you really want to talk boxing reality get ready to get tko'd junior!

Ray Corso
        Last edited by Ray Corso; 08-01-2014, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
          As boxing evolved, so did the fighters. Leonard defeated arguably the greatest middleweight in history. Do you understand the stamina, ring IQ, and boxing ability it takes to pull off such a feat? And he was retired for 5 years without a tune-up. Robinson had a somewhat robotic, old-school, hands too low style, like Joe Louis that wouldn't have worked against a more evolved technician like Ray. Do you understand that? Robinson could do nothing but get beat up in a fight against Leonard in the same way Holyfield, Tyson, Fraizer, Lennox Lewis, Bowe, etc, all would've beaten Joe Louis. Sure he could punch, for a 190lb fighter. He wasn't beating anyone I just named, PERIOD. Robinson was the first of his kind, but definitely not the last. Leonard beats him any day of the week. And there is nothing "cool" about having to fight 5-6 a month as Robinson did. He had to make a living back then. It had nothing to do with his toughness but more to do with the times and survival. It took me so many days to respond because this topic isn't up for debate in my opinion. Only people who think Robinson is the greatest fighter/middleweight in history are 50-60-70 year olds who don't wanna face reality.
          yack yack yack.....old dudes.....derp derp derp.....nostalgia.....yada yada yada.....evolution.....mumble mumble mumble.

Da **** out of here with that bull****.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
            Reality??? Your on a boxing "forum" trying to explain how Sugar Ray Robinson isn't the best then and now to someone who owned a boxing gym, trained amateur and pro world champions and managed part of the Olympic Boxing team.
            Who the **** are you???????

Your reality is in your room and on a forum, mine was working in the sport for almost 50 years you doooffest! hahahaha!!!!

Tell me the name of your gym> Who you have worked with? How you arrive at your evaluations? Who mentored you on evaluating fighters? What methods and Techniques do you see different in the "modern day fighters"??

If you really want to talk boxing reality get ready to get tko'd junior!

Ray Corso
            Sometimes I wonder if you are even interested in a serious discussion? Nearly all your posts seem to be the same old tired song about your superior experience and knowledge, thanks to your 50 years in the fight business... and about how those who dont see it your way are nobodies, who deserve to be ridiculed for having the "wrong" opinion.I dont understand why a grown, intelligent person chooses to act this way!

Comment

• Since the sport has EVOLVED, Floyd should be considered greater than SRR. Robinson would hardly be a champion in this day and age. Too less skill.

Comment

• No.

No. Floyd is a coward who talks more than he fights. In order to be the best, you must fight the best. Floyd has always refused to do this. Robinson, fought the best. He wasn't afraid to lose. Floyd is.

Comment

• Floyd is way better fought way more skilled people anybody who ever said srr on any site are crazy

Comment

• @ bumping a 2014 thread for an argument.

I like Floyd as GOAT though.

I don't argue with people who say SRR, SLR, Armstrong, etcetera; the usual suspects, but for me it is TBE Floyd Money Mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by moneytheman View Post
                      Floyd is way better fought way more skilled people anybody who ever said srr on any site are crazy
                      l- - l'l floydy was a Haymon fraud foisted on dummies and crazies /\

Haymon birthed l'l floydy's own commish, judges, refs, venue and specialized in selecting TBA opponents at the last minute so they couldn't train properly'

Leonard very talented, but brittle, hence just 40 fights mixed in with a half dozen retirements. Contemporaries Sal Sanchez and Aaron Pryor had better, more honest records by a long shot.

Comment

Working...
                      X