No announcement yet.

Can Canelo pull a PPV card on his own?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    Yes he can. He is very popular and probably the next biggest draw after Mayweather and Pacquiao. Oscar is right about this.This fight will make much more money than the Mayweather-Cotto fight because Canelo is now a bigger star than Cotto.Of course the Garcia-Matthysse fight on the card helps But Canelo is a big Mexican draw and he has plenty of USA fans as well.
    It will make more money because John citizen sees Canelo as a real threat for winning , is undefeated and the timing is right .

Floyd being in the most lucrative fights with everybody is just a coincidence that Floyd is even involved , its always the other guy that brings them , LOL ask the Pac ******s .

Comment

I'd only buy a Canelo PPV if he fought GGG or Kid Chocolate and they had a good undercard. Not interested in seeing him against Chavez Jr or an old Sergio Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by MAKING_MONEY View Post
        if was such a big star in mexico why did he come over? I never heard of him till I saw him on a May card.
        What was that May card? I'm asking you, and how many May cards has he fought on?
        One I know of definitely was the Mosley fight and if you hadn't heard of Canelo before then...you must not watch boxing.

Comment

Only if he beats Mayweather, if he could now he would have already.

Comment

Worldwide? Nah. Not right this moment.

Comment

Pre Floyd, hell no

Post Floyd, probably not, aside from Cotto, there's no big money for him at 154. Canelo has no fan base on the east coast, but IF he beats Floyd or makes it a competitive fight, then I can see gaining some more fans.

Comment

Working...
              X