Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"He’ll return for at least for one more fight, I give you my word"...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "He’ll return for at least for one more fight, I give you my word"...

Vitali Klitschko's first boxing coach claims he will return for at least one more bout, regardless of whether he becomes president of Ukraine:

His first boxing coach, Mikhail Mazikh, is sure that the champion will don the gloves whatever the election outcome is.

“He hasn’t retired and I’m sure we’ll see Klitschko fight again,” Mazikh said.

“He’ll be back. Of course, he has other priorities right now but that doesn’t mean that he won’t return at to vie for the title.

He’s been granted the right to challenge the new champion by the WBC when he decides to resume his boxing career.

He’s taking a break to concentrate on politics but he’ll return for at least for one more fight, I give you my word.”

In another note, former champ Riddick Bowe tweeted the following about Vitali:

“Wish I could've fought Vitali Klitschko, admire and respect what he has done.. Congrats champ and good luck with politics my man. Bowe,” tweeted US boxer Riddick Bowe, a former two-time world heavyweight champion.

Questions to discuss:

1. Would it really be possible to have a title bout for Vitali if he won the presidency?

2. Who would he potentially fight in a career swan song - David Haye or someone else?

3. Who would have won had Vitali fought Bowe?

Discuss

Article link - http://www.aljazeera.com/sport/boxin...622198680.html

David Haye makes his miraculous recovery from his life threatening injury and beats Chris Nipple for the title.

Vitali comes back with an automatic shot.

Comment

I know presidency is a step up from being a congressman, but if he ever won the position I'd be surprised if they didn't allow him a little time to fight much like Pacquiao's situation...

And to answer question 2, I believe if he does fight again it could well be his last show. Against who I'm not sure, but I feel as though it will be his last. I doubt it is against Haye though...

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        David Haye makes his miraculous recovery from his life threatening injury and beats Chris Nipple for the title.

Vitali comes back with an automatic shot.

Could be

Comment

Said it all along he will fight Haye this year.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1ypn0y32Ac
            Last edited by Bierstadt; 01-09-2014, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bierstadt View Post
              Haha, good one, green k sent He should make a preview like that if he announces a fight

Comment

Sadly, nobody really cares if he comes back or not.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  Why??????? Im sure a lot of people actually do.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    Why??????? Im sure a lot of people actually do.
                    I think once a few of these 'contenders' fight it out for the WBC belt we will know if the HW division is in safe, exciting hands, or that it really is/was a better place with Vitali in it. On a personal note though, I don't see him likely returning and don't think he will look particularly impressive with his age and everything else if he does but saying nobody cares, you know that is untrue - why not want the best fighters to continue fighting in a fairly dire division? In any case - he would likely only return for 1 more big fight, maybe against Haye with all the history behind that or if another current contender establishes himself - why would you not want to see it?

Especially since most fans were dissapointed with the Vitali - Charr fight and are always talking about how Vitali has no defining or signature win - i'm sure a win v a top contender or future star (if someone establishes them as this in the meantime) when taking into account Vitali's age and the fact he will be the only 4 time heavyweight champ if he does win again (am I wrong?) will be a great career ender and a lot of people certainly care to see that, if possible.

Comment

Working...
                    X