Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Olympic MW Gausha "Won" After Fight Was Already Over.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As reported by Associated Press sports writer Greg Beacham:

After three fairly even rounds, Gausha abruptly put Hakobyan on his back on the canvas twice in the final seconds. The Cleveland product first followed his jab with a big overhand right for a knockdown that clearly discombobulated Hakobyan, who didn't appear prepared when the referee resumed the bout.

Although the clock was all zeros, the bell hadn't rung - and Gausha knocked down Hakobyan again.

Comment

Looks illegal.But it was fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Khmelnytsky View Post
        Alright then the time keeper and bell keeper. Anyways i just don't understand why no one has at least addressed it since it was clearly controversial
        Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        After rewatching it and counting the timer down myself without the freeze at the 7 sec mark, i did hear a faint bell but it was completely faded out by the crowd.

SO you want the ref to look at the clock instead of the fighters?
        Has there been a protest by the Armenian team?

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          Has there been a protest by the Armenian team?
          I dont think so, but lets be honest the guy was out on his feet after the first Knockdown

Also i dont think the Armenian would be allowed to continue with the tourney after being "knocked out" like that

Comment

At first I thought it was illegal too but they had stopped the clock I believe...

And the Armenian shudda put his hands up, why are u looking at the ref? (Ortiz?)

Gausha would have won on points regardless though...its on the books as an RSC-3 though

Comment

Originally posted by -EX- View Post
              At first I thought it was illegal too but they had stopped the clock I believe...

And the Armenian shudda put his hands up, why are u looking at the ref? (Ortiz?)

Gausha would have won on points regardless though...its on the books as an RSC-3 though
              He looked like he was bending down to tie his shoes or something

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                He looked like he was bending down to tie his shoes or something
                Hmm I think your right...

At the end of the day, the ref should have broke the action

Comment

Thank God the Olympics are not in the United States or there would be some posters trying to cry "fix"! Seems some just want any reason to take a victory from an American fighter. If Hakobyan isn't complaining no one else should be.
                  Last edited by JAB5239; 07-30-2012, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X