No announcement yet.

Thoughts about "Facing Ali"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts about "Facing Ali"

Just finished watching "Facing Ali." Great documentary about the men who faced Ali. I thought Chuvalo, Norton, Shavers and Lyle all came across as very sincere and insightful. I learned that Norton(who was raising his future NFL star Ken, Jr. by himself) because of his fight with Ali was able to support his son without struggling. Chuvalo's revelation about his family falling apart was gripping, and Lyle and Shavers also were very thankful of the title opportunities given to them by Ali. Frazier still seemed scorned by Ali's verbal abuse, and Foreman as always admitted that Ali beat him both mentally and physically. What were your thoughts of the documentary?

i share your thoughts, Norton seemed grateful to Ali because he saved his ass financially, i was shocked when i heard Chuvalo talk about his family, that was a ****ing revelation to me......Frazier did give props to Ali but i don't think he will ever let him down for the verbal abuse he suffered......Leon Spinks was hard to understand but he gave Ali props and i think he even bad mouthed Holmes for claiming he beat Ali.......Also i think Norton was a little confused about which round he broke Ali's jaw.....Ali said he broke his jaw in the 2nd round or so? so i'll stick with that.......overall, great documentary

Comment

i liked the part when norton talked, followed by chuvalo, terrell & cooper.
      we see foreman everyday in interviews compared to them, he is saying nothing new.
      the movie deserves 10/10, the best ali documentary i would say.

Comment

Really good film. It's funny how we have a few thousand posters on here and nobody but you few guys even mentioned the doc. It goes to show you.. Anyway, it was very insightful, and well put together. I felt for all those guys. True champs, all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolling Stone View Post
          Ali said he broke his jaw in the 2nd round or so? so i'll stick with that.......overall, great documentary
          i think ali was making an excuse for losing to the underdog norton, norton was allways awkward.
          but its closer than i thought it was, most ppl were acting like norton won the fight by 11 rounds to 1 here

Comment

Originally posted by 1SILVA View Post
            Just finished watching "Facing Ali." Great documentary about the men who faced Ali. I thought Chuvalo, Norton, Shavers and Lyle all came across as very sincere and insightful. I learned that Norton(who was raising his future NFL star Ken, Jr. by himself) because of his fight with Ali was able to support his son without struggling. Chuvalo's revelation about his family falling apart was gripping, and Lyle and Shavers also were very thankful of the title opportunities given to them by Ali. Frazier still seemed scorned by Ali's verbal abuse, and Foreman as always admitted that Ali beat him both mentally and physically. What were your thoughts of the documentary?
            I loved it. In fact I just bought it.

Comment

Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
              I loved it. In fact I just bought it.
              good idea.
              amazon.de just has the book facing ali, have to order it from uk

Comment

I think its better than "when we were kings", does the dvd have any special features? Like the full fights?

Comment

Other than the documentary showing us what a complete and utter phony "smokey" Joe Frazier is,it was overall a pretty boring and somehwhat depressing documentary.

The day the public stop relying on documentaries for information is the day the world makes one step forward.

Originally posted by Rolling Stone View Post
                  Frazier did give props to Ali but i don't think he will ever let him down for the verbal abuse he suffered.

Frazier will give Ali props whenever it's financially suitable to do so.The crocodile tears that Frazier shed may have been stunning to watch to some,but to those who have have took notice of Frazier's recent history and the multiple contradictions he has made.....it was a simple roll of the eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by 1SILVA View Post
                    Do they have it posted in the net somewhere? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X