Collapse
No announcement yet.

best pound for pound is........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sakis the best pound 4 pound if anyone fought him at his own wait they would lose.

Comment

I'm gonna say Frank Shamrock. Then comes Silva.

Comment

Big_Papa how can you can Silva? He hasn't beat anyone at 205 is even close to his skill. He beat Henderson and Sakuraba in the PRIDE LHW divison but that doesn't mean ****. How can anyone possibely think that Genki Sudo and Tito Ortiz are in the same weight class? PRIDE does

Comment

Silva is no where near the best p4p or the best LHW for that matter......

Comment

Originally posted by Creed
            Big_Papa how can you can Silva? He hasn't beat anyone at 205 is even close to his skill. He beat Henderson and Sakuraba in the PRIDE LHW divison but that doesn't mean ****. How can anyone possibely think that Genki Sudo and Tito Ortiz are in the same weight class? PRIDE does
            First off I'll say that I agree Silva isn't p4p the best right now.

You say Silva never beat anyone good that's heavier then him? Well he beat Arsdale(thought to be the best vale tudo fighter before this loss), Mezger, cro-cop, and honorable mention for finishing Schrijber(not REALLY good, but 40lbs heavier, he's kayoed guys like Yvel)

How come his wins over Saku and Henderson don't count? Because he was 10-15lbs heavier? What credibility does that give a guy like Tito then, he pretty much always weighs that much or more then his opponents(who aren't even as skilled). By that same comparison do Tito's wins mean nothing then?
            ________
            vaporizers
            Last edited by lightweight; 01-19-2011, 05:45 AM.

Comment

i agree silva is one of the best fighters out there

Comment

Busa's hot right now, I think Greco-Roman wrestlers are always good at any weight. Henderson though has arguably lost a lot of his decisions just ask Goes, Newton, Nog and even Ninja. but to be fair he hangs in there w/ everybody and really fought hard against Silva, did better than most have. I say Busta's better cuz he never got subbed like hendo did against Shamrock. He owns against top comptition. Liddel never solidly beat him and i nm opinion the fight should've ben awarded to Murilo. Murilo fought a wrestler w/ a 100 or so pound advantage- a fight whch went to a draw after 40 minutes. Hendo was preatty well rounded when he fought Nog. Busta although he hasn't cross trained as long, excells in many levels of the game. Busta's 35 years old and still fights like a youth, if Dan's as good in a couple years i'll be impressed.
                I also have to say Sak is real good. Lately he's had soem trouble but he subbed a heavier Braga and Renzo Gracie, Almost beat Igor after 90 minutes in the ring w/ Royce, while giving up a solid 40 pounds. He also beat Rampage and argueas you will Rampage is a bad ass motehr****er who's always bee dangrous.In his last outing w/ ilva sak didn't do too badly, but he got ****ed by a well set up slam. We also saw Sak humilate Vitor and probably tear hsi hear away for good. Also name a fighter to fight as consistently as Sak. I think Busta's ground game is solid enough for him to avoid being submitted by Kazushi Sakuraba, but his stand-up would be his only chance at wining. That's why i have Busta as numbr 1. Frank Shamrock would probably be #2 but inactivity places him at 3 under Sak.

Comment

Originally posted by lightweight
                  First off I'll say that I agree Silva isn't p4p the best right now.

You say Silva never beat anyone good that's heavier then him? Well he beat Arsdale(thought to be the best vale tudo fighter before this loss), Mezger, cro-cop, and honorable mention for finishing Schrijber(not REALLY good, but 40lbs heavier, he's kayoed guys like Yvel)

How come his wins over Saku and Henderson don't count? Because he was 10-15lbs heavier? What credibility does that give a guy like Tito then, he pretty much always weighs that much or more then his opponents(who aren't even as skilled). By that same comparison do Tito's wins mean nothing then?
                  Silva walks around at 215. He cuts about 15 lbs for a fight. Much like Ortiz does

Comment

Care to share your source? If you do I'll believe you. Until then I'll go based on what I know, which is at pride 12 he had gained weight to get to 207(from his 199 area), and stayed in that area minus the cro-cop fight where he gained weight to fight the heavier opponent. Then this before pride 23-

PRIDE Fighting Championships: How's your conditioning?

Wanderlei Silva: I'm feeling really good. I'll be at my best in the fight.

PRIDE: Have you lost weight?

Silva: Yes. I'm 92 kilos now.

Which is about 203lbs. The only time I know of where he was 215 or so was the cro-cop fight. Share your source?
                    ________
                    buy herbalaire
                    Last edited by lightweight; 01-19-2011, 05:46 AM.

Comment

202.4lbs

Comment

Working...
                      X