No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Should Fight Shane Mosley, Says Arum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom Flores View Post
    That should only be of importance to the fighters and promoters.

Fans use it to justify why a fight shouldn't get made.

One particular fighter even uses it as well,

"Cotto, he needs to get his PPVs up".
    When fans are discussing potential fights and the monetary splits, PPV numbers are relvant.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      Floyd got over on Bob Arum, not to many people can say that and Arum is overall a bitter person in general. Yea their relationship did end in a fire crash though, it is pretty funny if you understand the situation actually.

That is part of the reason I did not think Floyd would get/go for a fight with the winner of Pacman-Cotto straight away, to much bull**** in the way to be cleared so quickly even for that big pile of cash.

I though it would be against Mosley but I would not really be looking forward to that fight because I think it is a terrible mesh of styles and would make for an awful fight, the buildup would be great though since Floyd and Mosley can not stand each other.
      It better be Mosley if it ain't the Cotto-Pac winner. Enough bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by Easy-E View Post
        When fans are discussing potential fights and the monetary splits, PPV numbers are relvant.

Only if you're receiving a check.

I'm not, you're not, nobody here is.

Fight fans care about in ring results.

Fighter fans care about how much money their mancrush makes.

I couldn't even begin to tell you how much Erik Morales has made or how many PPVs hes done.

You know why?

I watch boxing for what happens in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Easy-E View Post
          I just lump PacHugger, Pac-Boy, PacRules, etc etc all as one annyoing poster.
          lol Well thanks man. I try to do my best!

Comment

Floyd would fight Margarito, Berto or Diaz maybe Clottey but none of the Top welterweights Cotto, Williams, Mosely or Pac. I'm the champ if i fight all my little brothers friends and I'm gonna retire undefeated.

Originally posted by RodBarker View Post
            I want Floyd to fight Cotto Pac or Mosley next and dont care which order .

Comment

Are you guys really buying this. First off, why would 60-40 be out of the question? With 3 common opponents, Floyd's PPV numbers blows Manny out of the water. The man just did 1 million ppv buys with Marquez, Manny did what 350? And Arum wants Floyd to fight Mosely because he knows Manny will get beat. Since when does Arum care about what fighters are fighting who that are not promoted by top rank. Yall dudes need to start thinking with your brains, and not your heart!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Flores View Post

Only if you're receiving a check.

I'm not, you're not, nobody here is.

Fight fans care about in ring results.
                Fighter fans care about how much money their mancrush makes.

I couldn't even begin to tell you how much Erik Morales has made or how many PPVs hes done.

You know why?

I watch boxing for what happens in the ring.
                Nice intelligent post!

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  It better be Mosley if it ain't the Cotto-Pac winner. Enough bull****.
                  I honestly have no idea who Floyd would fight if not those guys. Spinks I guess? Maybe Winky at 154 if Winky can get that low. I would accept those fights although they certainly are not the best fights out there for him (which are what you listed) and would IMO be more stay busy fights then real challenging fights (although Floyd Winky would be fairly interesting, I used to think Winky would mug Floyd but I think the ship has sailed on that).

There are not a ton of guys to fight at the very top end of the sport though.

Comment

Jay856 your a hater!!! LOL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                      I honestly have no idea who Floyd would fight if not those guys. Spinks I guess? Maybe Winky at 154 if Winky can get that low. I would accept those fights although they certainly are not the best fights out there for him (which are what you listed) and would IMO be more stay busy fights then real challenging fights (although Floyd Winky would be fairly interesting, I used to think Winky would mug Floyd but I think the ship has sailed on that).

There are not a ton of guys to fight at the very top end of the sport though.
                      Spinks is badly faded. Did you watch his last fight?

Winky has faded as well and will probably struggle to get to 154.

As I said...enough BULL****.

Comment

Working...
                      X