No announcement yet.

Brittle Right Hand, Back Woes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brittle Right Hand, Back Woes

About 8 months ago I landed a right cross in sparring. As he was coming in I realized that the punch was going to land with some force and I opened my hand in a vain attempt to soften the punch.

To this day my right hand, The top of my wrist radiating all the way to my knuckles is stiff, weak and sore. I have been through 2 4 week stints of hard bracing and 3 doctors and have gotten nowhere.

My question is, is there any gloves that provide a ridicoulous amount of protection? I hit the heavy bag with 16oz Morgan Professionals but it still hurts my hand even thought they are wrapped and taped.

Another injury I have is strained Lumbar muscles, I hurt these lifting boxes at work about 6 weeks ago but have continued working and training, the strain still hurts, any pointers? Doctors just gave me anti inflammatory which do nothing.

Originally posted by twanky1 View Post
    About 8 months ago I landed a right cross in sparring. As he was coming in I realized that the punch was going to land with some force and I opened my hand in a vain attempt to soften the punch.

To this day my right hand, The top of my wrist radiating all the way to my knuckles is stiff, weak and sore. I have been through 2 4 week stints of hard bracing and 3 doctors and have gotten nowhere.

My question is, is there any gloves that provide a ridicoulous amount of protection? I hit the heavy bag with 16oz Morgan Professionals but it still hurts my hand even thought they are wrapped and taped.

Another injury I have is strained Lumbar muscles, I hurt these lifting boxes at work about 6 weeks ago but have continued working and training, the strain still hurts, any pointers? Doctors just gave me anti inflammatory which do nothing.

the hell?? what a dumb thing to do

sorry but damn thats stupid

anyway i hear winnings have good protection, have a look at them and maybe start wearing two pairs of wraps on your right hand and maybe buy 18 oz winnings gloves

Comment

Wait, What is stupid?

Nah mate, Two pairs of wraps make you not be able to close your hands. Tried that, Tried everything rly.

Comment

Originally posted by twanky1 View Post
        Wait, What is stupid?

Nah mate, Two pairs of wraps make you not be able to close your hands. Tried that, Tried everything rly.
        opening your fist as you hit someone!!!!!! you lucky ya didnt break it

and no if you wrap em properly you can wear two pairs of wraps

Comment

just rest it for a few weeks no hitting the bag at all, and when it stops hurting leave it for another week or two, i pulled a muscle and went back too early made it alot worse then it was. Also if you insist on doing bag work wrap up your hand alot with 2-3 sets of wraps.

Comment

Ya lol, You know how it is, You dont exactly have time to think. It was my Trainer Actually, he woulda had a few bottles of New in him anyway.

Comment

Your back might not be strained Lumbar muscles. You should probably get it checked out if you haven't already. You could have a disc that slightly moved that is irritating a nerve that causes the feeling of your muscles being strained when they are really not. No joke.

Comment

Working...
              X