Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch Vows Bloodbath: Kessler Took Everything From Me!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
    Probably is worth a PPV.

Both guys have earned it - hopefully they make a lot of dough and have a third fight. Froch's got to win for that happen though you wouldn't think.
    yeah its infinitely better than some of sky ppvs but i'm a tight ****!

I'll definitely buy it and wont begrudge Froch the pay day but it doesnt mean ill be happy about forking out extra money to sky!

Comment

"He took everything from me". Just a silly, silly comment. Froch is getting all the same fights and payday as before that fight. Kessler took nothing from Froch but a meaningless loss. Froch wasn't going to retire undefeated. Froch has a great life. Kessler took nothing from him. Have some perspective, Carl.

Comment

I have nothing but respect for these two fighters. Kessler is classy both inside and outside the ring, while Froch is a talkative brute outside the ring and an unshakable warrior within it. What both fighters share however is respect for each other and the will to put it all on the line for boxing fans the world over. Kessler vs Froch 2 is what boxing is all about gentleman.

Comment

The real truth is Froch is not really been 100% truthful here - what is really eating Froch is Joe Calzaghe who he has called out many times before - he can never really better Calzaghe as Joe retired undefeated and inflicted Kesslers first loss onto him and Froch can never do that now, as an injured Kessler inflicted Carl's first loss and even if he wins this time around he can't change that but I have a sneaky feeling Carl will have a third loss on his record come May 25th, and sorry to change the subject but Joe would of found a way to beat Ward if they had face each other so Carl will always bee in Joe's shadow in the Hostory Books and he can do nothing about that and that's what's really eating at Carl.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
            The real truth is Froch is not really been 100% truthful here - what is really eating Froch is Joe Calzaghe who he has called out many times before - he can never really better Calzaghe as Joe retired undefeated and inflicted Kesslers first loss onto him and Froch can never do that now, as an injured Kessler inflicted Carl's first loss and even if he wins this time around he can't change that but I have a sneaky feeling Carl will have a third loss on his record come May 25th, and sorry to change the subject but Joe would of found a way to beat Ward if they had face each other so Carl will always bee in Joe's shadow in the Hostory Books and he can do nothing about that and that's what's really eating at Carl.
            Carl can sleep easy knowing his resume totally trumps Calzaghes

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
              Carl can sleep easy knowing his resume totally trumps Calzaghes
              Sorry I can't agree with that as Joe beat the then best pound for pound fighter in Lacey and say what you like Lacey was considered by the whole boxing world at that time as the best that all changed when Joe beat him and Lacey was never the same fighter again - another point he beat Kessler which Froch has lost to Joe then went on to win a world title at 2 weight divisions he also beat who Hopkins in the USA and we have all seen what Hokins has achieved since losing to Joe becoming a world champion so don't give me that was an old Hopkins as that don't wash, and as a rookie Joe gave us a classic agianst Eubank and in my Books one of the best fights I ever enjoyed, Froch's record can never reflect that no matter what he does

Comment

Nothing but respect for these two warriors.

Comment

Originally posted by parrish duke View Post
                  Anybody that thinks Calzaghe has a better legacy than Froch is badly mistaken. The only note worthy names Calzaghe has are Charles Brewer, a very green Sakio Bika, Jeff left shoulder lacy, Mikkel Kessler, old Bhop , super past his prime Roy Jones.

Froch : Pascal / Jermaine Taylor / Arthur Abraham / Andre Dirrel / Lucien Bute / Glen Johnson / and still going - looking for the best opponent for his legacy
                  Calzaghe dominated Mikkel Kessler, Froch lost against a lesser version of Kessler. Calzaghe became the lineal champion at 168 where he unified the RING, WBA, WBC and WBO belts (also held the IBF belt at one point) and became the lineal champ at 175 by beating Hopkins. Calzaghe's achievements can be 'down-played' for it being a weak era at 168 & 175, but his achievements are still impressive. Froch has no legacy, all he has ever been is a decent contender at 168.

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
                    Calzaghe dominated Mikkel Kessler, Froch lost against a lesser version of Kessler. Calzaghe became the lineal champion at 168 where he unified the RING, WBA, WBC and WBO belts (also held the IBF belt at one point) and became the lineal champ at 175 by beating Hopkins. Calzaghe's achievements can be 'down-played' for it being a weak era at 168 & 175, but his achievements are still impressive. Froch has no legacy, all he has ever been is a decent contender at 168.
                    well said BafanaBafana - the reason I can never really respect Froch is his total lack of respect for Joe as many of the British fans seem to do as well - I am glad there are still many who can see what Joe has achieved and to me he has been the greatest Super Middleweight in History way ahead of Toney, Ward, Kessler and Rochiagani (not sure if I spelt that correct) believe you me the Ward who beat Kessler would of lost to Joe as Joe is thinker and would of worked Ward out not one dimensional like Carl I'm afraid to say.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
                      Kessler hasn't fought a top fighter since he fought Froch the last time. that's three years. Froch is knocking him out. i can't wait.
                      Don't bet the farm on that concept

Comment

Working...
                      X