Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Objectively, which of Pac's catchweights were unfair?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i recall reading an article that they actually wanted cotto around 142. the WBO was even threatening to strip cotto of his title if he didn't take the fight. 145 was the compromise.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      No, it would be to admit to a lie. We already went over this, you were sent scurrying. And wouldn't you know it, 2 days later you're recycling the same lie in another thread.
      How is it a lie? You keep saying that DLH wasn't 145lbs but you can't substantiate it, son.

Get over it.

Comment

• i actually thought that pac should've maxed out at 140 considering that he started boxing as a 108 lb'er. i could give him some slack for fighting at catchweight above 140 but still, catchweight is catchweight. would've been much better if he fought them at their normal weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          of course it was. if manny didn't think there was an advantage, he wouldn't have made cotto fight at 145. And of course floyd and Manny (don't forget) making JMM move up in weight created additional advantages for them.
          I suggest if you dont actually address me and listen to what im saying dont bother replying to me.

I said Pac hoped it might help him, but there is no evidence it did help Pac, considering most boxing fans will tell ya Pac is just too good for Cotto regardless. What cant you understand about that?
          So pac tried to get a little advantage, so what? So does Floyd? So did SRL against Lalonde.

So you are going to crucify Pac for hoping to get a advantage, but in the end not really getting an advantage. Why dont you just fantasize that Cotto would beat Pac at 147 if it means that much to you?
          Last edited by hugh grant; 11-26-2012, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
            How is it a lie? You keep saying that DLH wasn't 145lbs but you can't substantiate it, son.

Get over it.
            Do you need English lessons as well?

Originally posted by Brother Jay
            Manny had DLH come in 145
            Originally posted by Brother Jay
            despite Pacquiao STIPULATING that DLH come in at 145
            Look you even CAPITALIZED it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priest Andretti View Post
              http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb...iao2-2010feb02

"Shane came to the gym twice to ask me to let him fight Manny," Roach says. "I told him no both times, and both times for the same two reasons: First, there isn't enough money there, and second, you're too good a fighter."

Carry on.
              I love how this went completely ignored when they said you were lying The pacturds have absolutely zero shame in defending their god

Comment

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                Like I said, I didnt expect such a simple concept to be understood by you, and you have just tripped over your two left feet by admitting such. Nice one, brainiac.
                You offer nothing except penis riding when it comes to Pacquiao.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priest Andretti View Post
                  http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb...iao2-2010feb02

"Shane came to the gym twice to ask me to let him fight Manny," Roach says. "I told him no both times, and both times for the same two reasons: First, there isn't enough money there, and second, you're too good a fighter."

Carry on.
                  i forgot my point, something about most of the mosley talks being before the cotto fight, an issue being mosley coming being 160 at fight night and then after the cotto fight being if mosley wins vs floyd it'd happen and what roach says literally meaning **** all

Comment

• Cotto and margarito

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                      I suggest if you dont actually address me and listen to what im saying dont bother replying to me.

I said Pac hoped it might help him, but there is no evidence it did help Pac, considering most boxing fans will tell ya Pac is just too good for Cotto regardless. What cant you understand about that?
                      So pac tried to get a little advantage, so what? So does Floyd? So did SRL against Lalonde.

So you are going to crucify Pac for hoping to get a advantage, but in the end not really getting an advantage. Why dont you just fantasize that Cotto would beat Pac at 147 if it means that much to you?
                      of course Manny got an additional advantage. everyone does it so did manny. so just admit it and move on.

Does it mean cotto would win if the fight without the weight clause, maybe, I don't know. But you don't if he would have. f he won it at 147, like other greats moving up, then we'd know.

Comment

Working...
                      X