No announcement yet.

Better resume: Mayweather or Hopkins???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
    You have no case at all. Oscar looked great against Mayorga and wasn't that old. But that's not the point. Mayweather jumped up to De La Hoya's weightclass. The opposite happened in the Hopkins fight.
    Hopkins jumped down actually (it was a catchweight and Bhop weighed 156 pounds, Oscar 155 one pound north of what he typically fought at).

Everyone is made to look good against Mayorga.

I'd say it's about equal. They were both just money fights for Floyd & Hopkins, not much more. Neither was the best Oscar there was.

Comment

i originally thought hopkins but after looking at it again floyds resume is better

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
        Hopkins jumped down actually (it was a catchweight and Bhop weighed 156 pounds, Oscar 155 one pound north of what he typically fought at).

Everyone is made to look good against Mayorga.

I'd say it's about equal. They were both just money fights for Floyd & Hopkins, not much more. Neither was the best Oscar there was.
        Okay, I forgot Hopkins cut. You got me there.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
          who'd hatton beat at 147 and did he look like crap and nearly lost at 147 prior to Floyd? Because you were pointing guy's best weight classes when it came to B-hop opponents but neglected to mention Hatton was out of his best weight class (140). Double standards.

I'll take Hopkins beating the lineal 175 champion in Pascal at age 47 than beating up Hatton anyday.
          No. I said Wright never did anything at 170 before fighting Hopkins and never did after fighting him either. I compared that to Marquez. JMM had never done anything at 144 before fighting Floyd, but after fighting Floyd he did just arguably beat the #1 WW in the world at the same weight. So I'd give Floyd more props for dominating Marquez at 144 than I do for Hopkins beating Wright at 170.

Hatton wasn't at his best weight class but it was 100% his fault it didn't happen at 140, and at least Hatton, though he struggled, won a title at WW over Collazo, who was a Top 5 WW at the time Hatton fought him.

Hopkins beating Oscar and Floyd beating Oscar are about equal. Oscar was coming off a bad outing against Sturm and the fight ended in a controversial fake loooking way, but he was a couple years younger. Oscar was coming off a nice KO win prior to fighting Floyd and was the #3 ranked SWW still. So those are close to equal really. Trinidad is better than Floyd's Corrales win, though going in Corrales was still a huge win for Floyd.

Than I'd say the Castillo and Tarver wins are about even. Castillo was the #1 LW coming off good wins and the best LW of his era, with wins over Johnston, Bazan, Casamayor, Lazcano, Corrales, and J. Diaz. Tarver was the best LHW in the world and Hopkins went up in weight, and he does have wins over Jones, Johnson, and Woods, but I think Castillo has the better wins than Tarver overall.

Than I'd take beating Hatton and Cotto over beating Pavlik and Pascal. Pavlik only ever beat Taylor, and Pascal's only wins are over Dawson and Diaconu. Hatton has beaten Tszyu, Collazo, Urango, Lazcano, and Malignaggi. Cotto has beaten Torres, Malignaggi, Judah, Mosley, Clottey, and Foreman. Both are better wins than Pavlik and Pascal, though those are still two good wins for Hopkins.

Then that leaves Hopkins with Mercado, Jackson, Allen, Holmes, Joppy, and Eastman. And Floyd is left with Genaro, Manfredy, G. Vargas, C. Hernandez, Chavez, Corley, Gatti, Judah, Baldomir, Mosley, and Ortiz. That clearly and favors Floyd, and that's not even really close.

Floyd just has a deeper resume, and pretty much even in terms of big wins, but Hopkisn having the biggest win.

Comment

BH has a better career. You can go back and forth comparing opponents and say this opponent was better for BH, or that opponent was better for Floyd and not conclude anything concrete with it.

But BH fights, Floyd dont. BH fight as a senior citizen, Floyd dont fight as a junior.
            The guys are not comparable, BH has a better career even though he may even be more horrible to watch than Floyd. And its hard to find a fighter as horrible as Floyd.

Comment

why would anyone take your posts on Floyd seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
                why would anyone take your posts on Floyd seriously?
                haha hows justin jukko, greg vargas, ndou, brusseles, gatti, mitchell and corley.

Mayweather would have to have fought Pac Martinez Canalo Margarito and a few other guys who haven't become famous yet to match Hopkins resume. Only a stan floyd cheerleader would say otherwise. By the way hows Mayweathers latest extended vacation going? Do you write him often:*******::*******::*******:?

Saying Hopkins gets no credit on his resume for losing to Jones or Taylor or whoever is stupid floyd boy logic. That would be like saying Hagler gets no credit for fighting Sugar Ray Leonard when it's one of the fights that defined his career. Of course it's better to win but you get credit for taking on the best which is something Hopkins does and Floyd will not do ever.

How can you be such a rabid fan of a guy who won't take on his biggest challenges. If you want a fantasy hero why don't you just watch the WWF instead of real sports were the best are supposed to compete? Floyd has great skills but his attitude towards boxing is a disgrace. He claims to be the greatest of all time[though no one agrees] but his attitude towards proving it is non existent.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  BH has a better career. You can go back and forth comparing opponents and say this opponent was better for BH, or that opponent was better for Floyd and not conclude anything concrete with it.

But BH fights, Floyd dont. BH fight as a senior citizen, Floyd dont fight as a junior.
                  The guys are not comparable, BH has a better career even though he may even be more horrible to watch than Floyd. And its hard to find a fighter as horrible as Floyd.
                  Floyd wouldn't even fight in his prime and these stans think his resume is comparable to Bhop. Last time I checked Hopkins didn't retire instead of entering the middleweight tournament. That's about what Floyd did. And it's to early to tell but if Gaynever wins a championship in his forties I'll streak the world series that year.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                    haha hows justin jukko, greg vargas, ndou, brusseles, gatti, mitchell and corley.

Mayweather would have to have fought Pac Martinez Canalo Margarito and a few other guys who haven't become famous yet to match Hopkins resume. Only a stan floyd cheerleader would say otherwise. By the way hows Mayweathers latest extended vacation going? Do you write him often:*******::*******::*******:?

Saying Hopkins gets no credit on his resume for losing to Jones or Taylor or whoever is stupid floyd boy logic. That would be like saying Hagler gets no credit for fighting Sugar Ray Leonard when it's one of the fights that defined his career. Of course it's better to win but you get credit for taking on the best which is something Hopkins does and Floyd will not do ever.

How can you be such a rabid fan of a guy who won't take on his biggest challenges. If you want a fantasy hero why don't you just watch the WWF instead of real sports were the best are supposed to compete? Floyd has great skills but his attitude towards boxing is a disgrace. He claims to be the greatest of all time[though no one agrees] but his attitude towards proving it is non existent.
                    didn't read

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                      No. I said Wright never did anything at 170 before fighting Hopkins and never did after fighting him either. I compared that to Marquez. JMM had never done anything at 144 before fighting Floyd, but after fighting Floyd he did just arguably beat the #1 WW in the world at the same weight. So I'd give Floyd more props for dominating Marquez at 144 than I do for Hopkins beating Wright at 170.

Hatton wasn't at his best weight class but it was 100% his fault it didn't happen at 140, and at least Hatton, though he struggled, won a title at WW over Collazo, who was a Top 5 WW at the time Hatton fought him.

Hopkins beating Oscar and Floyd beating Oscar are about equal. Oscar was coming off a bad outing against Sturm and the fight ended in a controversial fake loooking way, but he was a couple years younger. Oscar was coming off a nice KO win prior to fighting Floyd and was the #3 ranked SWW still. So those are close to equal really. Trinidad is better than Floyd's Corrales win, though going in Corrales was still a huge win for Floyd.

Than I'd say the Castillo and Tarver wins are about even. Castillo was the #1 LW coming off good wins and the best LW of his era, with wins over Johnston, Bazan, Casamayor, Lazcano, Corrales, and J. Diaz. Tarver was the best LHW in the world and Hopkins went up in weight, and he does have wins over Jones, Johnson, and Woods, but I think Castillo has the better wins than Tarver overall.

Than I'd take beating Hatton and Cotto over beating Pavlik and Pascal. Pavlik only ever beat Taylor, and Pascal's only wins are over Dawson and Diaconu. Hatton has beaten Tszyu, Collazo, Urango, Lazcano, and Malignaggi. Cotto has beaten Torres, Malignaggi, Judah, Mosley, Clottey, and Foreman. Both are better wins than Pavlik and Pascal, though those are still two good wins for Hopkins.

Then that leaves Hopkins with Mercado, Jackson, Allen, Holmes, Joppy, and Eastman. And Floyd is left with Genaro, Manfredy, G. Vargas, C. Hernandez, Chavez, Corley, Gatti, Judah, Baldomir, Mosley, and Ortiz. That clearly and favors Floyd, and that's not even really close.

Floyd just has a deeper resume, and pretty much even in terms of big wins, but Hopkisn having the biggest win.
                      First of all the tarver win was way better then Floyd over Castillo since Hopkins set a record in that fight and dominated while floyd should have lost once and beating Pavlik was huge since he was the lineal champ in the division Hopkins dominated for years. and he was 20 years younger. That was Hopkins beating his successor from another generation.

All you did was rationalize everything to favor floyd. In real life Floyds resume full of ducking and dodging is no where near Hopkins. accomplishment wise record wise and even quality of opponent wise since Mayweather beats them when they are old and washed up While Hopkins beats them while he is old and washed up.

Comment

Working...
                      X