No announcement yet.

Is Garcia the new Carlos Baldomir?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
    Is that a good thing or a bad thing? lol?

When Tito fought someone with skills he got schooled.
    he doesnt deserve to get compare to tito yet. your rite tito did get schooled by winky wright and a prime bhop. I dont see those type of fighters in garcia weight class rite now. we shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldSugar View Post
      margarito is a journeyman.
      the journeyman who was ranked #1 for 4 years and in the top 10 for almost 10 years. very similar to baldomir who was ranked for about 8 months then fell off the face of the earth.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        the journeyman who was ranked #1 for 4 years and in the top 10 for almost 10 years. very similar to baldomir who was ranked for about 8 months then fell off the face of the earth.
        Goes to show how weak the welterweight division was. Judah and Spinks were ranked as champs there too :rofl

Tell me how Marg was ranked there again..beating Kyvelos? Cintron?

He got his ass beat at 154 and he came running to 147 where Mosley finished the job.

Comment

baldomir has like 12 loses or something before he even got known and became popular.
          becareful with your comparisons TS, but it looks to me that Garcia has the discipline and the mindset to reach great heights in the sport. yes, he has never wowed me either. but he has decent boxing skills and is very very solid in his own game. im not saying he's unbeatable but he's no baldomir. bad comparison, i dont know if its hate or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldSugar View Post
            Goes to show how weak the welterweight division was. Judah and Spinks were ranked as champs there too :rofl

Tell me how Marg was ranked there again..beating Kyvelos? Cintron?

He got his ass beat at 154 and he came running to 147 where Mosley finished the job.
            oh they were ranked #1 for 4 plus years and in the top ten for 10 years? when did that happen? margarito beat more ranked fighters than both of them combined. also they never wanted to fight margarito big surprise. he got his ass beat at 154? you talking about the robbery against santos? anyone floyd ducked you automatically hate. how does it feel to be controlled by floyd's fears?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              oh they were ranked #1 for 4 plus years and in the top ten for 10 years? when did that happen? margarito beat more ranked fighters than both of them combined. also they never wanted to fight margarito big surprise. he got his ass beat at 154? you talking about the robbery against santos? anyone floyd ducked you automatically hate. how does it feel to be controlled by floyd's fears?
              what the hell? Who said anything about Floyd. You are one paranoid little dude

I just don't think Margarito is any good. Has no bearing on how I feel or don't feel about Mayweather

Baldomir was ranked well before, almost 3 years before Floyd ever fought him, by the way.

Comment

Baldomire isn't a bad comparison actually. Both he and Garcia are overachievers. Very little skill combined with fighting the right guys at the right time. Nobody will claim him once he loses either. Just like nobody claimed him until someone figured out he was claiming PR...

Comment

Originally posted by Deeznuts View Post
                  Will he beat past their prime fighters and fight a couple of has beens until he fights an A level fighter and gets beat? All the luck to Garcia but I just don't see the skills needed to compete with the top fighters. Khan wasn't past his prime but we now his chin is sht and Morales is washed up as is Judah.
                  Baldomir was the Cinderella man when he beat Judah and stopped Gatti but when he stepped it up he lost to all fighters in their prime
                  You mean Canelo?

I don't blame him for Morales 2 because that was in the contract.
                  And for everybody who uses business as an excuse, well this is a big business fight with Judah being a Brooklyn man and Garcia being from Philly.

Comment

No, while Garcia isn't a special talent Baldo seriously was a bum and maybe the least skilled or talented legit world champ I can think of.

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
                      Baldomire isn't a bad comparison actually. Both he and Garcia are overachievers. Very little skill combined with fighting the right guys at the right time. Nobody will claim him once he loses either. Just like nobody claimed him until someone figured out he was claiming PR...
                      Garcia is actually quite skilled.

Comment

Working...
                      X