Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got back from Taylor-Froch, what a show!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got back from Taylor-Froch, what a show!

I don't know what it looked like on TV, but in Foxwoods it came down to the final round, and Froch simply wanted it more. It was a great event with an amazing finish. I'll tell you one thing, Carl Froch earned himself at least one fan tonight. The guy showed some real guts out there and really dug deep to pull that off. If he hadn't knocked Taylor out, the scorecards might not have been kind to him.

I tip my hat off to Taylor too, but in the end Froch was simply the hungrier fighter.

Great night, great ending! Froch is the truth.

I was there too and I agree. I thought Tasylor could have won the fight as long as he stayed on his feet, but towards the end, I got the sinking feeling in my stomach that Jermain was going to gas out and could get hurt.

Also, did you hear the guy yelling, screaming "TYSON FURY!!!", cause he was from England, hammered, sitting next to me and ended up getting kicked out because when Froch was coming out he was running down the ramp and kept like going around the ring and got booted.

Comment

Just got back too. I don't think it had anything to do with hunger or desire he gassed out. I didn't think it was as close as press row had it. Froch was missing a lot, punches were getting blocked. Consensus of the people around me had Froch at most winning 3 rounds. Taylor should have took a knee or something. I think he lost this fight and gave it away more than Froch actually taking it from him. Where were you sitting my seat was right next to the ring entrance and I was standing right by it. I was behind like 6 Froch singing groupies, lol. And my crew started the first USA chant, lol.

Comment

I was sitting in the section where they usually have the stage, for entertainment shows. I was facing the ring and I could see the big balcony seats and whatnot, so I was back towards the wall on the smaller part, there was only 13 rows of seats, but I had a pretty great view, if I don't say so myself.

I met a few guys in line who were fromNottingham to see Froch, and they were all really nice, personable guys who I talked British Boxing with for a while: Hatton, Calzaghe, Haye, etc.

The guy who was sitting near me, was absoltely hammered, saying how he thought Tyson Fury was going to be the next Heavyweight champion of the world. You have no clue how hard it was not to laugh when I thought of the .GIF of him punching himself in the face.

Comment

Originally posted by NeXt In Line View Post
          I was there too and I agree. I thought Tasylor could have won the fight as long as he stayed on his feet, but towards the end, I got the sinking feeling in my stomach that Jermain was going to gas out and could get hurt.

Also, did you hear the guy yelling, screaming "TYSON FURY!!!", cause he was from England, hammered, sitting next to me and ended up getting kicked out because when Froch was coming out he was running down the ramp and kept like going around the ring and got booted.
          You need a camera for that ****, so you can post that **** up on youtube for that guy making an ass out of himself while hammered. And I bet you that guy really thinks Tyson Fury will be something great one-day, I personally have low expections for a boxer who punches himself in the face by accident.

Comment

Originally posted by ACHlLLES View Post
            You need a camera for that ****, so you can post that **** up on youtube for that guy making an ass out of himself while hammered. And I bet you that guy really thinks Tyson Fury will be something great one-day, I personally have low expections for a boxer who punches himself in the face by accident.
            A couple people in the crowd got up and took pictures with him haha, it was hilarious. He liked Tyson because he had seen him ffight once, and saw him on the street and he took pics with his sons and whatnot, so he just thought he was such a nice guy.

I felt bad, because once he left, I turn to the guys I'm sitting next to and go "Guys, his name might be Tyson, but he's trash" and they go "yeah, doesn't surprise us" because of just how drunk the guy was haha.

Comment

Originally posted by egreezy View Post
              Just got back too. I don't think it had anything to do with hunger or desire he gassed out. I didn't think it was as close as press row had it. Froch was missing a lot, punches were getting blocked. Consensus of the people around me had Froch at most winning 3 rounds. Taylor should have took a knee or something. I think he lost this fight and gave it away more than Froch actually taking it from him. Where were you sitting my seat was right next to the ring entrance and I was standing right by it. I was behind like 6 Froch singing groupies, lol. And my crew started the first USA chant, lol.
              You never give a European fighter credit, egreezy. You're not a good sport.

Comment

Oh yeah and after the fight I was talking to one of the guys from Team Froch. I asked him where the post-presser was and if it was open to the public? He told me where it was and if I couldn't get it he would let me in, but I didn't catch it because of his accent and his fast talking in excitement. Good ppls

Comment

Working...
                X