No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin & Andre Berto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    Universum halted Golovkins career to protect their star Sturm who had him as his mando. This set off years of contract disputes that prevented Golovkin from fighting in Germany or the US, setting GOlovkin behind several years. Now he's trying to fight the best but they wont fight him. Golovkin is where he's at because of duckers, while Berto did the ducking
    This. Universum trapped him for years on end (2006-2010). Berto willfully fought bums on HBO.

Comment

99% of ppl that write on here don't know a left hook from a fish hook, and cant punch your way out of a wet paper bag, but always ****ting on a boxers accomplishments. so critical of fighters. this bs needs to stop, but I know it never will. yall mofos would not last 15 seconds in the ring with any of the fighters u like to call bums. no one brave enough to step through the ropes should ever be called a bum by a broke ass blogger. show more respect to the sport

Comment

Originally posted by archiemoore1 View Post
        99% of ppl that write on here don't know a left hook from a fish hook, and cant punch your way out of a wet paper bag, but always ****ting on a boxers accomplishments. so critical of fighters. this bs needs to stop, but I know it never will. yall mofos would not last 15 seconds in the ring with any of the fighters u like to call bums. no one brave enough to step through the ropes should ever be called a bum by a broke ass blogger. show more respect to the sport
        Welcome to the internets, where fringe contenders are called bums & tomato cans.

Comment

Originally posted by azul loc View Post
          I think that ggg is more polished and skilled but, there is really no difference between how they have come along. Both were in the 04 Olympics and looked to have bright futures. Ggg is hailed as the next coming to some ppl on here, but those same ppl say berto was a hypejob. It's a double standard for everyone to call out berto for taking not too difficult fights, but when ggg does it, he's the next goat at160.I'm not brto an nor ggg hater, but beating Juan urango in 09, Luis collazo in 09, and Carlos Quintana in 2010>>>>> Macklin, Stevens, rosado. The only titlist ggg ever fought was a super washed up ouma and he even struggled in that fight. Berto has fought Forbes, collazo, urango, Quintana, Ortiz, zaveck, guerrero. All I'm saying is that ggg gets a lot of love for someone who's done the same exact thing but gets hated on
          He lost to Collazo and granted a gift. Beaten by Victor freakin Ortiz and taken to school by Guerrero. Zacveck? seriously Yeh Quintana and Urango are good wins much respect. Forbes was shot.

You honestly think GGG doesnt wanna unify? Sturm for 3 years ran from him, Quillin is all talk and Murray we all know did wat he did. Martinez ill give benefit of the doubt for now but if he ducks him after cotto fite im done with him too.

Difference between GGG and Berto is that ppl avoid GGG where as in Berto's case he was the one avoiding touch match ups.

Comment

I really like GGG because he is exciting and gets hit alot. Worries me when he starts fighting top guys but until then we can at least enjoy the ride.

Comment

this is the stupidest post, my favorite boxer of all time is white.. arturo gatti, many of my favorites of the past generation are white like... Pavlik, Kessler, Hatton, kovalev etc. So don't try to play the racist card
              You differ from others but that the truth if the truth hurts than keep your mouth shut rather than making an azz out of yourself

Comment

I think that ggg is more polished and skilled but, there is really no difference between how they have come along. Both were in the 04 Olympics and looked to have bright futures. Ggg is hailed as the next coming to some ppl on here, but those same ppl say berto was a hypejob. It's a double standard for everyone to call out berto for taking not too difficult fights, but when ggg does it, he's the next goat at160.I'm not brto an nor ggg hater, but beating Juan urango in 09, Luis collazo in 09, and Carlos Quintana in 2010>>>>> Macklin, Stevens, rosado. The only titlist ggg ever fought was a super washed up ouma and he even struggled in that fight. Berto has fought Forbes, collazo, urango, Quintana, Ortiz, zaveck, guerrero. All I'm saying is that ggg gets a lot of love for someone who's done the same exact thing but gets hated on
                1) Macklin should have been a titlist. He clearly beat Sturm and got robbed. (And I'm saying this as a Sturm fan who never liked Macklin.)

2) You are practically giving Berto credit for losses. Yes, the opposition he fought is better than GGG's, but he LOST to Ortiz and Guerrero, and barely escaped with a questionable SD against Collazo. His only really good win is a past prime Quintana. Forbes, Urango and Zaveck aren't any better than Proksa, Rosado or Adama.

3) If we are talking wins only, then with Collazo and Quintana, Berto's resume is better than GGG's. BUT we have to take losses and relative dominance into account, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
                  berto's resume ****s on ggg's.....ggg is a euro version of berto.
                  Except Golovkin was never dropped multiple times and hasn't lost a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Barty View Post
                    1) Macklin should have been a titlist. He clearly beat Sturm and got robbed. (And I'm saying this as a Sturm fan who never liked Macklin.)

2) You are practically giving Berto credit for losses. Yes, the opposition he fought is better than GGG's, but he LOST to Ortiz and Guerrero, and barely escaped with a questionable SD against Collazo. His only really good win is a past prime Quintana. Forbes, Urango and Zaveck aren't any better than Proksa, Rosado or Adama.

3) If we are talking wins only, then with Collazo and Quintana, Berto's resume is better than GGG's. BUT we have to take losses and relative dominance into account, too.
                    Quintana was more than past prime, iirc he came out of retirement and had a hell of a time making welter

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      Universum halted Golovkins career to protect their star Sturm who had him as his mando. This set off years of contract disputes that prevented Golovkin from fighting in Germany or the US, setting GOlovkin behind several years. Now he's trying to fight the best but they wont fight him. Golovkin is where he's at because of duckers, while Berto did the ducking
                      It was his fault doe

Comment

Working...
                      X