No announcement yet.

Do you wonder if Victor took a dive?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you wonder if Victor took a dive?

You have to wonder why smile after losing your belt from a sucker punch? Makes me wonder.. Victor should be violently enraged and demanding a DQ from Floyd.

Just wondering no evidence that he did take a dive.. Just feel weird about the whole sequence of events.

After losing his Belt because of a cheapshot, shouldn't he be angry or upset? Instead, he was smiling and looking happy?

Makes you wonder if he took a dive..

He was clearly winning the fourth.. why smile after a sucker punch?

Last edited by Spoon23; 09-24-2011, 02:53 PM.

Damn how could I have missed it live? Victor took a dive!

Comment

I thought Likar Ramos took a dive

Comment

About Ortiz attitude that's how he is all the time.

Comment

i think he did. i mean he took similar or even more powerful clean punches in the berto fight, and he came right up.
          then comes floyd who isn't even known for his power, and sparks him out cold???
          suspicious ...............

Comment

Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
            i think he did. i mean he took similar or even more powerful clean punches in the berto fight, and he came right up.
            then comes floyd who isn't even known for his power, and sparks him out cold???
            suspicious ...............
            You've been hit in the face by Berto and Floyd?

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
              You have to wonder why smile after losing your belt from a sucker punch? Makes me wonder.. Victor should be violently enraged and demanding a DQ from Floyd.

Just wondering no evidence that he did take a dive.. Just feel weird about the whole sequence of events.

After losing his Belt because of a cheapshot, shouldn't he be angry or upset? Instead, he was smiling and looking happy?

Makes you wonder if he took a dive..

He was clearly winning the fourth.. why smile after a sucker punch?

Ortiz is all smiles after a fight...even when he was stopped against Maidana, he IMMEDIATELY went over to hug Maidana and congratulate him with a big smile. That's how he is. He's just a really easygoing guy. All "tough guy" talk from 24/7 was just promotion. I think he was just happy to be part of the experience and to have been able to say, "I fought one of the greatest fighters of all time, and I'm only 24 years old..." and that's really saying something.

By the way, did you see the post fight presser?

One of the journalists asked Ortiz why he was all smiles after the fight, and why he wasn't enraged or disappointed. He answered that he felt like that deep inside but he was just hiding. He said that once he was back in the lockers/shower he let it all out and cried. He even said, "Ask my team, ask my trainer, they were there. I cried like a baby..."

So there. I would've probably done the same thing. He would've been ridiculed had he gone the Arreola route and cried on national television. Nothing wrong with what Arreola did, though. Arreola really wanted to be champion.

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
                Ortiz is all smiles after a fight...even when he was stopped against Maidana, he IMMEDIATELY went over to hug Maidana and congratulate him with a big smile. That's how he is. He's just a really easygoing guy. All "tough guy" talk from 24/7 was just promotion. I think he was just happy to be part of the experience and to have been able to say, "I fought one of the greatest fighters of all time, and I'm only 24 years old..." and that's really saying something.

One of the journalists asked Ortiz why he was all smiles after the fight, and why he wasn't enraged or disappointed. He answered that he felt like that deep inside but he was just hiding. He said that once he was back in the lockers/shower he let it all out and cried. He even said, "Ask my team, ask my trainer, they were there. I cried like a baby..."

So there. I would've probably done the same thing. He would've been ridiculed had he gone the Arreola route and cried on national television. Nothing wrong with what Arreola did, though. Arreola really wanted to be champion.
                That makes sense. I guess he just is a nice guy.

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post

Nice post. Green K.

As for myself, I don't think Victor took a dive at all. He stupidly took his eyes off Floyd after the first shot and got caught with a straight right he never saw coming. Watching the replays, it's apparent that Mayweather really loaded up on that right. No way he ever fires a shot like that at a ready opponent. Ortiz drunkenly tried to make the count, but he was just too buzzed. If that was a fix, it was beautifully acted.

Comment

fixed fight i knew this since it happend, cant fool me.

Comment

Working...
                    X