No announcement yet.

Rafael Article: Haymon is screwing over Wilder big time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rafael Article: Haymon is screwing over Wilder big time

Read the article, i cant post the link yet.

Very, very interesting article shedding further light on Al Haymon and how he is not looking out for the best interests of his fighters. I'll summarize.

1. The WBC continues to postpone purse bids for the Stiverne/Wilder fight to appease Haymon (no explanation needed) and Don King (who has made millions and millions for the WBC in the past). Ok, we know that.

2. Wilder and Robert Guerrero did have legitimate contracts with Golden Boy, but now are essentially free agents being represented by Haymon. Golden Boy is basically a sham promoter for Wilder now because his contract had a "key person" clause which stated he could opt out of the GB contract if Richard Shaeffer left the company.

3. With knowledge of this, Roc Nation approached Wilder with a huge promotional contract that he and his other manager (who apparently has zero power) were very interested in. It was a huge contract with a guarantee of $2M for the Stiverne fight. If there is a purse bid it would have to be over $7M for the fight for Wilder to get paid that much....and nobody is going to bid that much.

4. Wilder's manager who I guess is just a manager in name only told Roc Nation that such a deal would have to be signed off by Haymon.

5. Obviously, Haymon was not receptive to such a deal, considering that it benefits his fighter more than himself.

6. This is not in the article but what Haymon is doing is VERY ILLEGAL. He is acting as a promoter under the disguise of an advisor/manager and is not looking out for the best interests of the fighters which he "advises". Fortunately for him, his fighters are too dumb to realize this but considering events that have taken place lately (like the Quillen situation, the bribing of mandatories and sanctioning bodies) it seems like its only a matter of time before fighters start to catch on. If anyone in the government cared he would have been indicted a long time ago. This guy is trying his best to kill boxing and some idiots actually support him.

every article needs a source and I wont read this till a source is posted.

Comment

I think Don King isn't helping either. For this to really get done, Oscar needs to put in the highest bid. This fight is important. If Wilder gets the belt, it means the US Finally has a heavyweight champion again. That would be huge. Oscar needs to think about that. I was rooting for Stiverne when he fought Arreola. I kind of wish Arreola won because Don King wouldn't be involved then.

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
        Read the article, i cant post the link yet.

Very, very interesting article shedding further light on Al Haymon and how he is not looking out for the best interests of his fighters. I'll summarize.

1. The WBC continues to postpone purse bids for the Stiverne/Wilder fight to appease Haymon (no explanation needed) and Don King (who has made millions and millions for the WBC in the past). Ok, we know that.

2. Wilder and Robert Guerrero did have legitimate contracts with Golden Boy, but now are essentially free agents being represented by Haymon. Golden Boy is basically a sham promoter for Wilder now because his contract had a "key person" clause which stated he could opt out of the GB contract if Richard Shaeffer left the company.

3. With knowledge of this, Roc Nation approached Wilder with a huge promotional contract that he and his other manager (who apparently has zero power) were very interested in. It was a huge contract with a guarantee of $2M for the Stiverne fight. If there is a purse bid it would have to be over $7M for the fight for Wilder to get paid that much....and nobody is going to bid that much.

4. Wilder's manager who I guess is just a manager in name only told Roc Nation that such a deal would have to be signed off by Haymon.

5. Obviously, Haymon was not receptive to such a deal, considering that it benefits his fighter more than himself.

6. This is not in the article but what Haymon is doing is VERY ILLEGAL. He is acting as a promoter under the disguise of an advisor/manager and is not looking out for the best interests of the fighters which he "advises". Fortunately for him, his fighters are too dumb to realize this but considering events that have taken place lately (like the Quillen situation, the bribing of mandatories and sanctioning bodies) it seems like its only a matter of time before fighters start to catch on. If anyone in the government cared he would have been indicted a long time ago. This guy is trying his best to kill boxing and some idiots actually support him.

Where is the link to the article?

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
            http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/p...tiverne-wilder

Comment

One thing I find interesting black people joc Harmon like he's a god or something.

Comment

The link has been posted. I am new to this site (though I have been reading for a year or so) and it said i couldn't post a link to an article until after 15 posts.

Comment

Is he taking advantage of Floyd and Broner in this way, too?

Comment

rafael is just a hater. haymon should be able to do illegal things if it gets his clients more money.

Comment

Working...
                    X