No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia Responds: Never Told Ortiz to Headbutt Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Like someone in the other thread about this said, they were probably telling Ortiz to use his head, as in be smart, and Ortiz is such an idiot that he thought that meant to headbutt Mayweather. Now THAT would be funny.

Comment

Like someone in the other thread about this said, they were probably telling Ortiz to use his head, as in be smart, and Ortiz is such an idiot that he thought that meant to headbutt Mayweather. Now THAT would be funny.
      Got to admit I laugh out so loud I near choked.

Comment

Wuahahahahaha!

As Homer Simpson might say, "It's funny because it's true!"

Comment

Garcia was on record saying that he told Ortiz (or the ref) if Mayweather started fighting dirty they would too. He said he didn't tell him to headbutt at that exact moment specifically (if I remember correctly) but he said he was gonna tell Ortiz to foul.

Does anyone else remember this? I can't remember if it was a video or an article.

Comment

Gotta agree with Garcia here. If you go back and look at the post fight interview, Ortiz clearly lied about the headbutt then and actually said that Mayweather came forward into his head! He's got no credibility

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post
              Not for nothing but in the lead up to the fight Garcia was harping on Mayweather being a "cochino" (dirty) fighter. In 24/7 he referred to that elbow time and again and in the ref's meeting brought it up too. So if he said it or not in the corner he put it in Victor's head and as a trainer if you know your fighter is a mental midget then don't bring that sh' up and focus on what you can control. Personally Garcia said he'd tell Victor to fight fire with fire. I can see him telling Ortiz to do it. Just my 2 cents.
              That's about the way I see it too. Ortiz is a bit of a midget mentally, yes, but I can definitely see what you're saying about Garcia

Comment

Does Garcia expect us to believe that Victor Ortiz would just make stuff up?

Comment

Ortiz is the least credible of all current boxers. He has a different story every time.

He has a very weird way of talking. Every time he opens his mouth I cringe, I don't think hes all there.

Comment

I don't remember Mayweather throwing that many hooks. Let alone 16 of them. I've seen him land a lot of straights though.

Comment

I'm not buying it. If it was headbutt then sure I'd be willing to say it is all on Victor but he was going in with the head from the opening bell, it's not something he usually does so it is something he would have worked on during training.

Comment

Working...
                      X