No announcement yet.

[Breaking News] (ESPN) Arum Will Try to Get Pacman to Move on Testing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Breaking News] (ESPN) Arum Will Try to Get Pacman to Move on Testing

When HBO televised "Pacquiao/Hatton 24/7" -- the four-part series that followed the build up to Pacquiao's second-round knockout of Ricky Hatton to win the junior welterweight title in Las Vegas last May -- it aired footage of Pacquiao taking a routine blood test as part of his pre-fight medical exam in Los Angeles.

The blood test was conducted approximately 14 days before the fight; it punches holes in Pacquiao's argument that giving blood inside 30 days of a fight negatively impacts his performance.

Arum was intrigued by the "24/7" scenario. He told Reuters on Monday that he was ready to move away from Mayweather and announce a new opponent on Tuesday for Pacquiao, but that was before the "24/7" scenario was brought to his attention.

" ... I will transmit it [word of Pacquiao's 24/7 test] to Manny once [HBO Sports president] Ross Greenburg establishes the actual date of the test in '24/7' and [the Mayweather camp] makes a proposal based on what Ross has come up with," Arum told ESPN.com from Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. "If that happens, I am sure I can convince Manny" to tighten the testing window.

See ESPN for full article.

Originally posted by Texas Trill View Post
    When HBO televised "Pacquiao/Hatton 24/7" -- the four-part series that followed the build up to Pacquiao's second-round knockout of Ricky Hatton to win the junior welterweight title in Las Vegas last May -- it aired footage of Pacquiao taking a routine blood test as part of his pre-fight medical exam in Los Angeles.

The blood test was conducted approximately 14 days before the fight; it punches holes in Pacquiao's argument that giving blood inside 30 days of a fight negatively impacts his performance.

Arum was intrigued by the "24/7" scenario. He told Reuters on Monday that he was ready to move away from Mayweather and announce a new opponent on Tuesday for Pacquiao, but that was before the "24/7" scenario was brought to his attention.

" ... I will transmit it [word of Pacquiao's 24/7 test] to Manny once [HBO Sports president] Ross Greenburg establishes the actual date of the test in '24/7' and [the Mayweather camp] makes a proposal based on what Ross has come up with," Arum told ESPN.com from Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. "If that happens, I am sure I can convince Manny" to tighten the testing window.

See ESPN for full article.
    Pacquiao has been exposed!

Comment

Please read. This was the biggest hype job ever.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=342598

Comment

I knew that Greedy Bastard Arum would come crawling back.

BTW..They took a TUBE of blood from Pac 14 days before the Hatton fight..Where he went on to knock Hatton out in the 2nd Round..So Manny saying he needs 30 days for a tea spoon when you had a tube drawn for Hatton 14 days before the fight and thinking it will weaken him when he knocked Hatton out is BULL****. The drug tests only require a teaspoon.

ARUM JUST OWNED HIS OWN FIGHTER.

Comment

I thought Mayweather had to make the deadline?

It's all about the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Anton-Chigurh View Post
            I knew that Greedy Bastard Arum would come crawling back.

BTW..They took a TUBE of blood from Pac 14 days before the fight....The drug tests only require a teaspoon.

ARUM JUST OWNED HIS OWN FIGHTER.
            lol, I was going to say the same exact thing. Arum's greedy ass couldnt let this fight get away the more he thought about it

Comment

if the offer stays at 30 days we know who's stopping it.

Comment

Originally posted by Six Shooter View Post
                if the offer stays at 30 days we know who's stopping it.
                Exactly, even Pacquiao's own promoter realizes he's been had and used like a red headed step child.

Comment

I thought Arum was the one calling for 30 days and Pacquiao was okay doing it just a few days before the fight?

Comment

Arum just fed Pac to the Lions.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Working...
                    X