No announcement yet.

After seeing the size of Chisora today, im 100% sure Haye wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After seeing the size of Chisora today, im 100% sure Haye wins

Brother looked 300lbs, he has clearly blown up since the Vitali fight, and it surfaces he is currently suffering from Gastroenteritis so he wont be able to start training for a while.

With the fight only 2 months away Haye looks fit and ready as ever, with Chisora's weight issues and history of laziness, he would need longer to both A) get into shape, B) train for a totally different style of opponent from any he has ever faced.

Haye for his part has been in with Chisora types before, Mormeck and Ruiz both being very simmilar in style to Chisora. He also won't need nearly as much conditioning work as Chisora will.

Haye by late rounds stoppage imo

Originally posted by Earl-Lesnar View Post
    Brother looked 300lbs, he has clearly blown up since the Vitali fight, and it surfaces he is currently suffering from Gastroenteritis so he wont be able to start training for a while.

With the fight only 2 months away Haye looks fit and ready as ever, with Chisora's weight issues and history of laziness, he would need longer to both A) get into shape, B) train for a totally different style of opponent from any he has ever faced.

Haye for his part has been in with Chisora types before, Mormeck and Ruiz both being very simmilar in style to Chisora. He also won't need nearly as much conditioning work as Chisora will.

Haye by late rounds stoppage imo
    I think you under estiamte Dell Boy. He is a tough tough guy. Haye is pretty lazy when fighting and at HW is boring as hell, he likes to dictate the pace and pick his shots. Chisora is a machine when fit, he throws punches for 12 rounds and keeps coming. If haye does not put Dell Boy away early I could see Chisora stalking him down and making Haye either run for 12 rounds or getting the tko after putting a beat down on Haye in the second half of the fight. I for one hope Dell Boy batters haye

Comment

I honestly don't think his weight will make much difference; whether he comes in a 220, 250 or 270, he's still going to be on the receiving end of a punishing beating.

Comment

Originally posted by No1 View Post
        I think you under estiamte Dell Boy. He is a tough tough guy. Haye is pretty lazy when fighting and at HW is boring as hell, he likes to dictate the pace and pick his shots. Chisora is a machine when fit, he throws punches for 12 rounds and keeps coming. If haye does not put Dell Boy away early I could see Chisora stalking him down and making Haye either run for 12 rounds or getting the tko after putting a beat down on Haye in the second half of the fight. I for one hope Dell Boy batters haye
        You have to look at the styles here.

Chisora is a short, come forward pressure fighter, he lacks pop on his shots and is very predictable, his style worked well against Helenius and old Vitali because they are slow and have poor footwork.

Haye is a fast, mobile and accurate counterpuncher with serious power on the end of his shots. He bangs harder than Helenius or Vitali, and he is much quicker with his Handspeed. There is talk about Chisora having a good chin, and it is at least OK, but he was admittedly put on queer street by Helenius. Also John Ruiz probably had a better chin than Chisora, and he had much better survival abilities, didn't help him do anything than take a lengthier beating.

As far as style match ups go, this is why Fury was a more difficult prospect for Chisora because despite being a fat tub of goo, the dude is QUICK, and this give chisora problems

Chisora plays straight into Haye's hands, he will come forward throwing ridiculous hooks, get repeatedly tagged with right hands from Haye, and broken up FAST.

now before anyone cries i'm not even saying Haye is "better" than Vitali or Helenius, just that stylistically he is a much worse proposition for Chisora
        Last edited by Earl-Hickey; 05-09-2012, 05:33 AM.

Comment

Chisora is a short, come forward pressure fighter, he lacks pop on his shots and is very predictable, his style worked well against Helenius and old Vitali because they are slow and have poor footwork.

Haye is a fast, mobile and accurate counterpuncher with serious power on the end of his shots. He bangs harder than Helenius or Vitali, and he is much quicker with his Handspeed. There is talk about Chisora having a good chin, and it is at least OK, but he was admittedly put on queer street by Helenius.

Chisora plays straight into Haye's hands, he will come forward throwing ridiculous hooks, get repeatedly tagged with right hands from Haye, and broken up FAST
          As much as I'm rooting for Chisora, I see the fight being quite easy for Haye.

Comment

Haye is a fast, mobile and accurate counterpuncher with serious power on the end of his shots. He bangs harder than Helenius or Vitali, and he is much quicker with his Handspeed. There is talk about Chisora having a good chin, and it is at least OK, but he was admittedly put on queer street by Helenius. Also John Ruiz probably had a better chin than Chisora, and he had much better survival abilities, didn't help him do anything than take a lengthier beating.

As far as style match ups go, this is why Fury was a more difficult prospect for Chisora because despite being a fat tub of goo, the dude is QUICK, and this give chisora problems

Chisora plays straight into Haye's hands, he will come forward throwing ridiculous hooks, get repeatedly tagged with right hands from Haye, and broken up FAST.

now before anyone cries i'm not even saying Haye is "better" than Vitali or Helenius, just that stylistically he is a much worse proposition for Chisora
            I don't think anyone would even try and argue with that anyway

Taking out the two brothers who are simply too big for everyone else, Haye's still the best of the rest at heavyweight, in my opinion at least.

Comment

at least there is some emotion in this fight. wladimir and vitali seem asleep most the time

Comment

oh, also its for the WBO international title, so it'll be a 12 rounder not 10.

Comment

I'd like nothing more than a Chisora win but Haye could well spark him in R.1

Chis is too slow, Haye has too much power and movement.

Comment

I see the argument that Chisora is made for Haye stylewise but I'd like to present the opposite case in that Haye does not like Guys who put him under pressure.

His only KO loss came at the hands of a 40 year old cruiserweight who took his best shots early and wore him down with pressure. We know Haye has improved since then but he hasnt really faced that level of intensity in recent years. Mormeck was a plodder and Ruiz was slow and washed up.

David is the type of fighter to use the ring and do things at his own pace. He doesnt like being crowded and hasnt been for years so we dont know what his cardio is like when a guy as relentless as Chisora keeps walking him down. He will have to fight him off and thats when you gas if you are forced to work and waste punches.

Davids in trouble unless he gets a KO early which I cant see happening seemings as Vitali and Helenuis' shots bounced off Derek. David might have to steal it on points by outboxing him but as soon as he lets pride take over ( and it will ) I think Derek works him to head and body and makes it a long, draining distance fight IMO.

Comment

Working...
                    X