No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Disgraceful Scores Mar Excellent Rodriguez-Rosinsky

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Disgraceful Scores Mar Excellent Rodriguez-Rosinsky

A pair of undefeated battler gave the fans at Foxwoods Resort in Mashantucket, Connecticut every cent of their money’s worth on Friday night. At the end of ten thrilling rounds, a trio of judges turned in scores that didn’t compute with the action witnessed, boxing’s latest incident of stomach turning officiating in a 2011 full of it. In a fight that appeared up for grabs heading into the final round, judges Glen Feldman, Peter Hary, and Clark Sammartino turned in unanimous shutout cards for 26-year old Edwin Rodriguez (20-0, 14 KO) of Worcester, Massachusetts, over 26-year old Will Rosinsky (14-1, 8 KO) of Ozone Park, New York.

[Click Here To Read More]

Hey Cliff, as much as I always love your stuff you really need to either spend more time editing your piece or get someone else to do it for you. It's very confusing and was really badly edited. I couldn't understand some sentences etc. Just a thought for next time...

Sounds like some boxers need to start cracking up more. Get a bit more Pauliesque, as much as I don't like him. Rosinsky, and others that it happens to, need to really lay it down as to the corruption and clear hometown judging when they are interviewed live on air afterward.

People take it too much and just shrug it off with an "It's just boxing" attitude. With that attitude it will keep happening.
    Last edited by BennyST; 10-22-2011, 04:12 AM.

Comment

Fat Lou gets paid twice over...A or B corner

double dippin' ala Carl King

Comment

Will Rosinsky works out of station 39 FDNY/EMS in the East New York section of Brooklyn. That's my neighborhood right there. I can see how the judges could have thought that Rodriguez won the fight. But 10-0 on all 3 cards? That's crazy. Rosinsky was robbed. Straight up. Will Power, don't be discouraged. Fight on. ENY is behind you. 1

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
          Hey Cliff, as much as I always love your stuff you really need to either spend more time editing your piece or get someone else to do it for you. It's very confusing and was really badly edited. I couldn't understand some sentences etc. Just a thought for next time...

Sounds like some boxers need to start cracking up more. Get a bit more Pauliesque, as much as I don't like him. Rosinsky, and others that it happens to, need to really lay it down as to the corruption and clear hometown judging when they are interviewed live on air afterward.

People take it too much and just shrug it off with an "It's just boxing" attitude. With that attitude it will keep happening.
          Benny:

I noticed something needing a fix in paragraph three (just missed putting the ref's name on) and a couple typos...but not really seeing the problem on the rest. Perhaps the sentences are too long but I usually do a second and sometimes third read to ensure subjects are correctly identified. That's a style choice, and maybe a wrong one. I should probably use the names of the fighters more in certain instances rather than "he."

Regardless, thanks for your thoughts.

Comment

Horrible cards
            just horrible

every round was close, certainly. it was a close fight.

all three judges scoring it a shutout for rodriguez then is evidence of something underhanded. lou dibella stinks right now.
            Last edited by New England; 10-22-2011, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
              Benny:

I noticed something needing a fix in paragraph three (just missed putting the ref's name on) and a couple typos...but not really seeing the problem on the rest. Perhaps the sentences are too long but I usually do a second and sometimes third read to ensure subjects are correctly identified. That's a style choice, and maybe a wrong one. I should probably use the names of the fighters more in certain instances rather than "he."

Regardless, thanks for your thoughts.

i second them, cliff

its a pervasive phenomenon

bsceners need an editor.

i get that nobody is coming out of the woodwork at 2 in the morning to edit your stuff.
              i also get that boxing media outlets are unbelievably cheap (in part because there's not a lot of money being pulled in,) and that you aren't going to get a dedicated editor any time soon.

you shouldn't take this the wrong way, but it looks like you need to read your stuff through once before you send it in.
              put it down for a couple of minutes and return. i get what your deadlines must look like. i get that you cannot wait on this stuff. you'll still benefit from the two minutes of reflection and a fresher "second look" at the story.

get up and take a few steps around and get a fresh look at it if you have to

i understand the process.
              if you are lucky you are in a small media room and making something out of nothing with a deadline looming. all you've got to go on are your notes from the rounds and your memory of the fights.
              you very well could be forced to fend for yourself as well, sitting somewhere in the arena and stealing wi-fi and hoping to god that your battery makes it, or you can find an outlet for power, while they break the ring and arena down around you.

not easy. if it was everybody would be doing it.

loook at the bright side,
              you're the best writer on the site. lyle fitzsimmons cant tell manny pacquiao from bobby pacquiao
              Last edited by New England; 10-22-2011, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                i second them, cliff

its a pervasive phenomenon

bsceners need an editor.

i get that nobody is coming out of the woodwork at 2 in the morning to edit your stuff.
                i also get that boxing media outlets are unbelievably cheap (in part because there's not a lot of money being pulled in,) and that you aren't going to get a dedicated editor any time soon.

you shouldn't take this the wrong way, but it looks like you need to read your stuff through once before you send it in.
                put it down for a couple of minutes and return. i get what your deadlines must look like. i get that you cannot wait on this stuff. you'll still benefit from the two minutes of reflection and a fresher "second look" at the story.

get up and take a few steps around and get a fresh look at it if you have to

i understand the process.
                if you are lucky you are in a small media room and making something out of nothing with a deadline looming. all you've got to go on are your notes from the rounds and your memory of the fights.
                you very well could be forced to fend for yourself as well, sitting somewhere in the arena and stealing wi-fi and hoping to god that your battery makes it, or you can find an outlet for power, while they break the ring and arena down around you.

not easy. if it was everybody would be doing it.

loook at the bright side,
                you're the best writer on the site. lyle fitzsimmons cant tell manny pacquiao from bobby pacquiao
                These type shows are covered from my living room and I write while I watch to keep the words in the action. I appreciate the feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                  These type shows are covered from my living room and I write while I watch to keep the words in the action. I appreciate the feedback.

I appreciate all of your stories.

keep up the good work

Comment

the fix was in the score cards already filled out.thats the only way you come to
                    a score like that.there is no oher way perod.the truest words i ever typed.
                    no post fight interview a real low brow show for showing time as well.i just
                    hope that rosinky decides to continue because he is a big player in this and
                    a class act in there.

Comment

Working...
                    X