Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Anthony Ogogo made the right decision.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think Anthony Ogogo made the right decision.

Winning a medal at the 2012 Olympics he went and joined Golden Boy Promotions. I think the biggest mistake he made was leaving to go to America before building a big fan base over here in the uk. Eddie Hearn would of gave him a massive push the same way he is doing for Anthony Joshua. Khan and hatton built a fan base in the uk before joining Gbp and they are massive now.

But I suppose it's not all bad, He's fought on the undercard to massive ppv events. Also he will probably improve a lot more in the states with all the top fighters there etc.

Ogogo is still fighting on Hearn cards though I think? So the plan is to fight a few fights over here and a few over in America in his early years.

Time will tell, I've heard stories about his chin not holding up too well in the amateurs so will be interesting to see how he progresses.

Comment

I think IF (big if) he made it to world level he would have less than Khan level of popularity on both sides of the pond.

Respectable, but not a huge draw by any means. He's got that personality which appeals to teenage girls, not boxing fans.

Comment

Working...
      X