Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Video] Al Bernstein on why Pacquiao would beat Mayweather via decision.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it'll be a good fight, probabley by split decision

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
      Basically he said pac will win because of his work-rate...LOL Floyd will pot shot and counter him all day, Floyd is Pac kyrptonite until proven otherwise!

Comment

Originally posted by Don Amazin View Post
        Basically he said pac will win because of his work-rate...LOL Floyd will pot shot and counter him all day, Floyd is Pac kyrptonite until proven otherwise!
        so you're saying floyd wins if they never fight...

Comment

I dont think the judges would like floyd against Pac. They would favour Pac. Floyd has looked good with his style against inferior boxers. But Pac is not like anything Floyd has faced, and Floyd probably thinks that as well.

Thats why he is very reluctant. But if he has decided he wants Pac, he will have been training for Pac for years now, and not the traditional 8 weeks before the fight. Pac has been fighting a lot, and that has given Floyd plenty of time to study Pac. Come on now, what else do people think Floyd does with his time? Dont let him fool you he can take years off and still come back similar to what he was.
          Last edited by hugh grant; 03-11-2011, 09:13 AM.

Comment

everyone has thier own views,respect to bernstein.

i like him enjoy watching pac and floyd fight.

but i do think manny being the active fighter,the offensive fighter,the tougher fighter,i can see him winning,along with that pac dont get tired,he dont let up,he has the strategy to win fights.He just needs to not second guess things and get off when he wants to.

i think pac stops floyd being as effective with pac having the handspeed being equal or greater,having power,able to be moving around quick,the footwork,the movement and work at angles,the countering of manny with either hand is a big tool for him in that fight.

floyd cant prepare for how manny fights,its too unorthodox to be ready for,and pac will win early rounds for sure,but im sure pac will know he needs to asjust and change mid fight as to throw floyd off having him figured out.

just as floyd thinks hes worked pac out mid fight,pac will change it up,he will bring different combinations,make floyd re work him out.

i wouldnt be suprised to see pac go on the offense early,working the body,then going body to head,moving at angles all the time,stopping floyd being able to move and take his energy away(floyd is bigger build and slower than he once was anyway).

i really can see a khan-malignaggi thing going on,with pac feinting and being quick enough to land his punches even with floyd trying to be defensive.

he wins the first half of the fight on landing cleaner sharper punches and more punches.tires floyd out,floyd cant hit and run,he cant be as slick and avoid fast punches from all angles.

THEN,pac can ease up,and go on the counter,move around the ring,make floyd chase him,make floyd be the un natural aggressor,and counter floyds attacks.

pac will throw less than in other fights,i think he will be smarter with what he throws and when he throws what punches and what combinations.

i can see him only throwing fast punches just to land,then throwing less punches but harder punches,and really devasting counters,timed and exacted to what floyd throws first.

he wont look to test his chin and toughness vs floyd,this is simply pacs chance to outbox a true pure boxer.And i think pac will be really focused,technical and keep his defence tight.

Comment

I disagree.

But that's his opinion, he's entitled to it.

Comment

Originally posted by dvb View Post
                everyone has thier own views,respect to bernstein.

i like him enjoy watching pac and floyd fight.

but i do think manny being the active fighter,the offensive fighter,the tougher fighter,i can see him winning,along with that pac dont get tired,he dont let up,he has the strategy to win fights.He just needs to not second guess things and get off when he wants to.

i think pac stops floyd being as effective with pac having the handspeed being equal or greater,having power,able to be moving around quick,the footwork,the movement and work at angles,the countering of manny with either hand is a big tool for him in that fight.

floyd cant prepare for how manny fights,its too unorthodox to be ready for,and pac will win early rounds for sure,but im sure pac will know he needs to asjust and change mid fight as to throw floyd off having him figured out.

just as floyd thinks hes worked pac out mid fight,pac will change it up,he will bring different combinations,make floyd re work him out.

i wouldnt be suprised to see pac go on the offense early,working the body,then going body to head,moving at angles all the time,stopping floyd being able to move and take his energy away(floyd is bigger build and slower than he once was anyway).

i really can see a khan-malignaggi thing going on,with pac feinting and being quick enough to land his punches even with floyd trying to be defensive.

he wins the first half of the fight on landing cleaner sharper punches and more punches.tires floyd out,floyd cant hit and run,he cant be as slick and avoid fast punches from all angles.

THEN,pac can ease up,and go on the counter,move around the ring,make floyd chase him,make floyd be the un natural aggressor,and counter floyds attacks.

pac will throw less than in other fights,i think he will be smarter with what he throws and when he throws what punches and what combinations.

i can see him only throwing fast punches just to land,then throwing less punches but harder punches,and really devasting counters,timed and exacted to what floyd throws first.

he wont look to test his chin and toughness vs floyd,this is simply pacs chance to outbox a true pure boxer.And i think pac will be really focused,technical and keep his defence tight.
                This is where Pac loses this fight everyday of the week twice on sunday for me..

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  I disagree.

But that's his opinion, he's entitled to it.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    floyd doesn't counterpunch against southpaws. watch every fight he's ever had against them he always tries to get off first because his defense is leaky against them. he also doesn't have the firepower or combo punching marquez has which allows marquez to halt aggressive fighters.
                    EXACTLY!!! I try to explain this to anyone willing to listen... Floyd's great defense is a fraction of its capability against a southpaw... they have avoided pitting Floyd against southpaws since the amateurs... and as far as the Marquez comparisons... for the love of God, Pacquiao is a better fighter and at a more comfortable weight! Marquez fought Pac at 126 and 130... He is not only technically more sound now, he is much stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Amazin View Post
                      you are very dumb

Comment

Working...
                      X