No announcement yet.

Fight Night Controls Vid [Bradley Arreola footage]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
    I don't play these computer games myself,but why is that fat bastard(Chris Arreola) being featured in this game?
    It's for PS3 and XBox.

There's a lot of boxers in there who don't belong there and are not relevant in the sport right now.

Comment

Two of the hottest divisions in boxing arent in the game... I mean....... wtf

Supermiddleweight and JR Welterweight...

Wow..

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Partridge View Post
        There is no Super Middleweight Division, so none of the current 168ers are in the game, nor is there a Light Welterweight Division (guys like Bradley, Ortiz and Hatton are put in the Welterweight class). As for Lightweights there's barely any current Lightweights in the game, no Marquez, Katsidis, Soto or anyone like that, it's mainly classic boxers who make up Lightweight. Both Klitschko's are in as is David Haye.

Full roster here: http://www.nowgamer.com/news/4805/ha...hampion-roster
        Thats what just ruins the buzz for me, at least in the UFC games you get all the fighters

I want Abraham, Sexy Sergio, Paul Williams, Angulo, David Lemieux ect...

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
          Two of the hottest divisions in boxing arent in the game... I mean....... wtf

Supermiddleweight and JR Welterweight...

Wow..
          Yup, shít isn't it?

It'd be great to be able to re-create the Super Six. Even if they could only get 4 or so fighters (Froch, Kessler, Ward, Bute) you could make the rest up from Calzaghe, RJJ, Jermaine Taylor or Kelly Pavlik. But it's just been completely overlooked.

Comment

Men why are they so cheap with their rosters?? They should have the top 10 from each division and have the 17 divisions plus the 4 major belts and the ring belt

Comment

I'm not too fond of that roster. The fact that Pacquiao (among others) is listed in a weightclass he doesnt fight in anymore (lightweight) bothers me, as does the inability to stage the big fights like pac vs may, jr lightweight tourney, super middle tourney, etc (yes, we get haye and the klits, at least they got that one right). But one thing I can't get over is the fact that they have some good enough fighters from a certain time, but completely overlook their contemporary atg counterpart (i.e. vargas is in, but trinidad is nowhere to be seen).

Ok, I'm just ranting now, but if they could put in a novelty fighter like butterbean, why not make an effort to get as many relevant (current or all time) fighters in. Im sure there's a lot of legal issues I don't understand involved (particularly regarding Floyd) so don't take my post too seriously, just pointing out a couple of things.

Btw, anyone know if this is the final roster?

Comment

Originally posted by G Doggy Dog View Post
                Thats what just ruins the buzz for me, at least in the UFC games you get all the fighters

I want Abraham, Sexy Sergio, Paul Williams, Angulo, David Lemieux ect...
                There are up to 100 CABs so you'll be able to download all your favorites.

UFC works differently because it's one promotional company. Very simple to get all the fighters in one game.

Boxing is a giant clusterfuck of promoters, managers, personal advisers, fighters, lawyers, baby mama's, etc., all asking for different amounts of money.

Comment

CABS dont do it for me... because when the game makes it... they can make signature moves only that fighter makes... when you have a CAB it just looks like them but has a default fighting technique that you pick from a list...

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
                    Men why are they so cheap with their rosters?? They should have the top 10 from each division and have the 17 divisions plus the 4 major belts and the ring belt

Here is EA producer on roster:
                    It's that time of year again. You win some, you lose some.

I'm not happy about it either. This is what Fight Night and KO Kings has gone through every year and it's never easy. Contracts are signed with fighters for a certain period of time and when they expire, we can't be certain we'll be able to reach another agreement with any of them.

- Some boxers were signed to deals over 3 years ago when things were pretty different, financially-speaking.

- All of the boxers that we lost were contacted, some of them several times by myself personally.

- I'm not kidding when I say this, sometimes we just don't hear back. Even from people we worked with previously.

- I personally had communications with one boxer - and his three different managers - over the course of 6 months.

- Arturo Gatti died under very suspicious circumstances. Sorry that we weren't able to re-do that contract in the wake of that. We would have signed him for an extra 2 years way back if we had known he was going to die.

- Some guys we had to drop because of a lawsuit last year, you might recall.

- Sometimes we have have verbal agreements in place with guys we really want and because of time-pressures we spend thousands of dollars making them. Only to have them make further demands, attempt to renegotiate, or simply fail to send us signed paperwork. So poof! They're off the roster and we just burned that money. I can tell you how much Mike looooooves that.

- Some guys just have unrealistic demands (mayweather).

Now, I know you probably don't care about this. The game doesn't have some of the guys you want, end of story. But like I've been saying for years, its not like boxing is chock-full of stand-up guys accustomed to a strict code of business ethics - nor is it populated by an abundance of athletes with a realistic perception of their brand value and/or mainstream appeal.

NOTE: Some guys are absolutely great. Very professional and very helpful.

All I'm saying is, we try our best and we didn't make the business of professional boxing an absolute clusterf**.

Comment

Not sure I like the look of that new punching system. It took a bit of skill to throw decent combinations in FNR4, but it just looks like you'll be able to fling the stick in any random direction this time.

Also, for everyone complaining about the roster: Just download the boxers you want. People will have created replications of any boxer you can think of down to a tee.

Comment

Working...
                      X