No announcement yet.

Boxing took a huge blow last night....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big_L View Post
    how will the sport of boxing ever survive without the great victor ortiz.
    hahaha had to give green for that made me literally laugh out loud

Comment

Canelo would've blasted Ortiz, that would've been brutal.

Comment

I think it is quite the opposite. All the fights were entertaining, and Lopez has a new fan here.

Comment

It wont be the same, people are gonna go after that jaw when he comes back, a Broken jaw is a broken jaw, wire it shut for a few months, try to get it back to almost 100% but that **** will **** up again.

sucks and ortiz will prob be out 5-8 months or so.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
            BLAH!

Ortiz was never anything special, he had once Great Match with Berto and the only reason why that was a great match because neither of them was really that good to begin with, neither has Defense or Head Movement so they are easy to hit

Ortiz gets frustrated when he can't have his way and he resorts to DIRTY TACTICS as CONFIRMED against Lopez, he can't fight inside to save his life either, you can tell when Ortiz is losing confidence because he puts his Guard up and starts to go backward and starts bouncing around and does not throw punches

GBP was ready to cash out on Ortiz in the Canelo fight, they knew Canelo would be able to look impressive against Ortiz because Ortiz really don't do anything special and he is very easy to hit because of the lack of head movement and Defense

I may continue to fight but I don't see him becoming Champion Again, the dude is clearly MENTALLY UNSTABLE!
            I may continue to fight?,what does that mean?..please state your age and profession..

Comment

Dude, I feel pretty confident that showtimes regular telecast last night was better than a ginger Ortiz ppv. I went for Lopez because i didn't want ginger Ortiz. That ginger kid needs to fight someone in his own damn weight class. Last nights telecast simply showed why showtime bosses on hbo, ppv's included.

Comment

That fight last night was ****ing incredible. Upset of the year to boot. Jesus Christ, it's like people WANT all the fights to be rigged or something. Either way there's always something killing boxing.

And yeah, this looks like it could be a blessing in disguise since now that Canelo has no PPV worthy opponents he could be fighting on CBS soon.

Comment

BLAH!

Ortiz was never anything special, he had once Great Match with Berto and the only reason why that was a great match because neither of them was really that good to begin with
                  Quoted for truth!

Comment

damn to the person that made thread are u a boxing fan lol, bad ass fights both fight of the year boxing n brawling on both

Comment

BLAH!

Ortiz was never anything special, he had once Great Match with Berto and the only reason why that was a great match because neither of them was really that good to begin with, neither has Defense or Head Movement so they are easy to hit

Ortiz gets frustrated when he can't have his way and he resorts to DIRTY TACTICS as CONFIRMED against Lopez, he can't fight inside to save his life either, you can tell when Ortiz is losing confidence because he puts his Guard up and starts to go backward and starts bouncing around and does not throw punches

GBP was ready to cash out on Ortiz in the Canelo fight, they knew Canelo would be able to look impressive against Ortiz because Ortiz really don't do anything special and he is very easy to hit because of the lack of head movement and Defense

I may continue to fight but I don't see him becoming Champion Again, the dude is clearly MENTALLY UNSTABLE!
                      I agree with all of this. I was not that high on Ortiz going into last night but he looked worse than I thought he would. Lopez is a good 140 lb. fighter, but he is really nothing special in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                      X