No announcement yet.

Could Floyd's come forward aggressive style backfire against Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Floyd's come forward aggressive style backfire against Pacquiao

In recent fights Floyd has gone to a style where he is more aggressive and coming forward with his hands up high. He blocks and counter punches from that position. He did it against Mosley and Ortiz. Do you think he will use this style against Pac?

Marquez had success by taking a couple of steps backwards while Pac charged inside and countered Pac. Im not so sure Floyd wants to copy that style and move backwards.

It seems Floyd is more willing to be macho and take the fight to the opponent and prove a point. Could that backfire?

I think it could work in his favour. A passive counter puncher might be overwhelmed by Manny's work rate.
    A more aggressive approach is what you'd need for it to look good for the judges.

Comment

He'll knock Manny out fighting that way.

Comment

Yes, I think it would. But, I don't think Mayweather will attack the Pac fight that way.

Comment

Well Floyd can do 1 thing most can't do-adjust

Comment

floyd will ko pacquaio as soon as he turn it up.......

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
              Well Floyd can do 1 thing pacquaio can't do-adjust
              fixt it for you bro.......

Comment

Originally posted by gzgz View Post
                floyd will ko pacquaio as soon as he turn it up.......
                Or get knocked out after getting wreckless. Pac's no slouch, he feeds off of agression you know.

Comment

Not exactly.

Even Marquez was using Floyd's tactics against Pacquiao. Shit Marquez never did until after the fight with Floyd.

He can't remain too stationary and allow Pacquiao to get in comfortable range.

He's going to have to be at range where Pacquiao over-extends himself. That way he can easily dodge and counter without the risk of Pacquiao's combos coming into play. Somewhat like Marquez did but obviously it would be better.

Turn him right, Pac can't fight.

Comment

the fight will be simple, He will apply EFFECTIVE aggression ( I know you *******s have no idea what this is ) and walk Pacquaio down and stop him from getting full power on his left ( no ones scared of manny right). and when Manny start to mentally break like he always does for spurts when it dont go his way, Floyd will turn it up and KO him.

Comment

Working...
                    X