No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: I'm Certain Eubank Jr. Didn't See Golovkin Contract

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    You're dealing with a gnat that was last week was saying that Ggg ducked Brook, as well as Canelo, Floyd, Sergio Mora etc. I **** you not. Total waste of your time

Nah, he didn't duck Brook, he selected him

But Ward/Mora/Lara/Canelo...... yep, you bet, absolutely.

FACT: Golovkin could, and should, have taken ALL of those fights..... for two reasons.....

1) there is absolutely no reason why not
    2) those guys are better than anyone on his resume

#excusesdoe

In another 5 years time, when Golovkin is 40..... you guys will still be accepting those silly weak excuses...... right?

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
      thats the narrative hearn is pushing anyway im not so sure i believe it tho i think this was hearns plan all along
      Fast Eddie certainly ain't some paragon of virtue but why would you believe that he planned this all along? Seems a very convoluted way of doing things.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        You are off your rocker if you think that Kell Brook is the best available opponent for..... well, anyone quite frankly..... including most welters.

Get real, why ask me a question like that?

How about 1) Canelo?..... no way should the guy who ran around saying this for FOUR YEARS..... "anyone from 154-158"..... have ended up killing his biggest payday over the weight. It is totally inconceivable that they killed that fight over the weight..... 2) Jacobs/Saunders?..... they got caught lying about the Saunders offer, and Jacobs said they low-balled him...... 3) how about some of the SMW's that they have been bull****ting about for years..... 4) how about Lara?..... and no, don't reply and repeat the same weak excuses that team Bull**** used to kill talk of that fight.

Canelo did not make those silly excuses to avoid Lara, and he is waaaay bigger than lil'G in terms of star-power..... those Lara-excuses are fkn shameful.
        I actually agree with you on only one point.

He just needs to move up.

All the 'best' Middleweights have all pussied out so there's no point. Lara proves little, makes no money, has no great fan base and is another smaller fighter. Canelo ran away.

Kell Brook is a money fight and nothing more. It is a sad choice and I wish he hadn't bothered. Even though I actually think Kell Brook might be a live opponent this fight belittles GGG and wastes his already limited time.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
          Fast Eddie certainly ain't some paragon of virtue but why would you believe that he planned this all along? Seems a very convoluted way of doing things.

I do not believe that Eddie signed the Brook fight in 24 hours.

I don't believe it, not a word.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeyboy View Post
            I actually agree with you on only one point.

He just needs to move up.

All the 'best' Middleweights have all pussied out so there's no point. Lara proves little, makes no money, has no great fan base and is another smaller fighter. Canelo ran away.

Kell Brook is a money fight and nothing more. It is a sad choice and I wish he hadn't bothered. Even though I actually think Kell Brook might be a live opponent this fight belittles GGG and wastes his already limited time.

No it's not.

Since when did Kell Brook become a draw ?

I have never heard 1 single person speak of him in that light EVER.

Brook =/= Khan.

Khan is an established superstar, Brook is a relatively UNKNOWN fighter from the UK.

NO WAY can Brook be accurately described as a lucrative fight.

Kell Brook is a blatant cherry-pick, and nothing more.

Comment

No it's not.

Brook =/= Khan.

Khan is an established superstar, Brook is a relatively UNKNOWN fighter from the UK.

You use the term 'cherry pick'. I agree. A cherry pick implies easy fight for good money.

Brook has fine name recognition and a decent fan base. He's not a household name a la Khan but fight fans will be well up for this. Plus generally the U.K. fight audiences tend to be big. This fight will get great numbers both televised and in person especially to see GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeyboy View Post
                You use the term 'cherry pick'. I agree. A cherry pick implies easy fight for good money.

Brook has fine name recognition and a decent fan base. He's not a household name a la Khan but fight fans will be well up for this. Plus generally the U.K. fight audiences tend to be big. This fight will get great numbers both televised and in person especially to see GGG.

I see your point.

A poster on the other thread - FrankieBruno - made this comment about Brook.....

because 2 weeks ago Hearn did a interview where he stated and i quote
                " I haven't made any money from a Kell Brook show "....
                http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...716420&page=13

Perhaps " cherry-pick " is the wrong term to use.

" tune-up ", or " fill-in fight " may have been more accurate.

A pointless fight either way, Golovkin will achieve very little, regardless as to the result.

Comment

No it's not.

Brook =/= Khan.

Comment

I don't think its a Cherry Pick for GGG - Brook will be a real handful.

It's not Hearn's fault either - he is a businessman first and a boxing fan somewhere after that.

All that needed to happen was for Eubank Snr to let go of his ridiculous ego and completely unreasonable demands (for once) and everyone here would be looking forward to GGG v Eubank Jnr NOT *****ing about GGG v Brook.

If the Eubanks REALLY wanted the fight, they would have signed, they didn't so Hearn threw them under the bus (rightfully so) and came up with another lucrative alternative.

Its a casual market on PPV, so makes no real difference to Hearn.

Comment

I see your point.

A poster on the other thread - FrankieBruno - made this comment about Brook.....

because 2 weeks ago Hearn did a interview where he stated and i quote
                      " I haven't made any money from a Kell Brook show "....
                      http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...716420&page=13

Perhaps " cherry-pick " is the wrong term to use.

" tune-up ", or " fill-in fight " may have been more accurate.

A pointless fight either way, Golovkin will achieve very little, regardless as to the result.
                      I agree. It's a keep busy fight with some decent money attached.

I also think there's a fair chance that Brook will be tough at middleweight so it could all backfire.

Comment

Working...
                      X