Collapse
No announcement yet.

Denver Colorado

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have any experience in the (legal) cannabis industry? I'm thinking about relocating to Colorado to capitalize on the "green rush." I'm not trying to open up a dispensary but more along the lines of an accounting & consulting firm that provides services and help structure equity/debit financing deals to these weed businesses. Is it too late to go out there and make a fortune? This industry is still in its infancy but I know probably every Tom, Dick and Harry are out there trying to make a fortune as well.

I've been in public accounting now for over 10 years and I'm bored with the constant grind of it. The money's OK but I want to take a gamble go work in an industry with high growth prospects and I want to make some serious money while I'm still relatively young doe.

Comment

Can I live on your couch BG?

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
        Can I live on your couch BG?
        Well, do you have any special talents, besides binge drinking, self loathing and bad hygiene? Hey, why not? It could be like 2 & half men, but not really

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
          Anyone have any experience in the (legal) cannabis industry? I'm thinking about relocating to Colorado to capitalize on the "green rush." I'm not trying to open up a dispensary but more along the lines of an accounting & consulting firm that provides services and help structure equity/debit financing deals to these weed businesses. Is it too late to go out there and make a fortune? This industry is still in its infancy but I know probably every Tom, Dick and Harry are out there trying to make a fortune as well.

Adds new meaning to "Mile High" as in Mile High City.

Comment

Well, do you have any special talents, besides binge drinking, self loathing and bad hygiene? Hey, why not? It could be like 2 & half men, but not really
            I can invent fun drinking games. And I can roll a mean blunt, your move.

Comment

his jaw never fatigues.

Comment

Originally posted by - v e t - View Post
                Anyone on here live there? How about have lived? Whats the quality of living like out that way? Tell me as much as you can

i know the Broncos suck but i can overlook that for now....
                It's pretty cool, actually. Been going there for work.

The people drive 10 miles under the speed limit though.

And pot is this big deal over there, unlike here in California where it's been long established, and you see these people trying super hard to be hippie ish and think it's super cool.

It's basically a city full of betas, some think because they grow a beard they come off as alphas, but true alphas see through their disguise.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                  It's pretty cool, actually. Been going there for work.

The people drive 10 miles under the speed limit though.

And pot is this big deal over there, unlike here in California where it's been long established, and you see these people trying super hard to be hippie ish and think it's super cool.

It's basically a city full of betas, some think because they grow a beard they come off as alphas, but true alphas see through their disguise.
                  Lol the irony is most of these betas come from California

Seriously though, I'd say a damn good amount of people that live here in Denver, or Colorado in general, are from California originally.

Colorado is like a mix of good old boy small townish country people and/or wannabe country people, the bro's who snowboard and skate and ****, mexicans both immigrants and chicanos, super hard hippie liberals (see Boulder), and yuppies that move into the newly gentrified areas in Denver where they've pushed out the poor and think they are "IN" now because they rent out some 1 bedroom apartment in the "IT" part of town now for 1500-2000 a month.

Weed has long been big in Colorado, we just don't have as many people as California, so less notoriety. But we aren't the Jackie Robinson of weed for nothing bro.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    Lol the irony is most of these betas come from California

Seriously though, I'd say a damn good amount of people that live here in Denver, or Colorado in general, are from California originally.

Colorado is like a mix of good old boy small townish country people and/or wannabe country people, the bro's who snowboard and skate and ****, mexicans both immigrants and chicanos, super hard hippie liberals (see Boulder), and yuppies that move into the newly gentrified areas in Denver where they've pushed out the poor and think they are "IN" now because they rent out some 1 bedroom apartment in the "IT" part of town now for 1500-2000 a month.

Weed has long been big in Colorado, we just don't have as many people as California, so less notoriety. But we aren't the Jackie Robinson of weed for nothing bro.
                    I was smashing a chick in Boulder.

Californians go there but not really for the weed, getting a card here in Cali is about as hard as getting a Clipper Card (for public trans). Not very. And with no taxation here, you always pay on the dollar, if you don't grow your own. There are people out there to make money, that's for sure, it's a growing area. I talked to some scrub beta at a dispensary last week and he said the banks refuse to work with them, which is kind of hilarious to me as a non resident, but we will see where it goes. You can make tons of money here in the pot industry as well, so no need to move specifically for that imo, unless you are expanding.

The weather is great though, the snow is awesome, the view of the Rockies is really cool, the baseball stadium is nice, and you are really close to some good ski spots. And with the high altitude, I always make sure I get a good workout and take advantage.

I did see a boxing gym driving around Westminster though, I got a slight chub while I was at the light. I wanted to go in and take the soul of some Colorado-an in a gym war, but I didn't have my gear. My gloves reek badly as I have been using the same cleto reyes for 2 years know and they are in pieces, so I refuse to travel with them haha.
                    Last edited by LoadedWraps; 01-16-2016, 01:37 AM.

Comment

As someone that has lived my entire life in Denver or the Denver area, I can say it's pretty cool and a solid city. Like any city, there's great areas, good areas, average areas, and some bad areas. But a lot of the iffy parts of town are gentrified now, and not affordable for your average person really. This whole state and city is getting expensive, unless you live in Southern Colorado or somewhere in Western Colorado in Junction out in the desert. Pueblo and The Springs are affordable too.....but who really wants to live in Pueblo??? Probably Colorado's crappiest city/town tbh, but damn good food.

Denver is a mix of people. You could get anything from cowboy wannabe's in the western burbs out in Golden, to the yuppies who now live downtown, to your average suburban twats, to homeless bums on every corner everywhere, etc. You've got white people, tons of hispanic people and culture, all the black people basically live on one side of town in Northeast Denver and Aurora (no disrespect, just facts), and you actually have a big asian (vietnamese) population in parts of Denver as well. Pretty diverse.

Traffic isn't near LA bad, but it's certainly become a b*tch to go anywhere in the last 15 years or so in this city. It's getting pretty crowded. Everyone has discovered Colorado now days, so it's no longer the best kept secret.

Most people are liberal here, although like I said earlier, you have your country cowboy a$$holes around as well.

People are REALLY REALLY REALLY into outdoorsy stuff like biking, hiking, fishing, **** like that. The mountains are pretty dope. Red Rocks is just west of Denver, one of the illest places to ever see a show. You have mountain peaks, sand dunes and deserts all within a few hours drive.

And it's not nearly as cold as some would have you believe. The weather here, IMO, is better than anywhere in the Midwest, East Coast, or South, and I'll take it over the Northwest too. The East Coast and Midwest are usually way colder and the snow sticks forever. The South is way way way too humid and rainy, and the Northwest is too cloudy and rainy. We have more sunshine here in Denver than Miami, Florida....and that;s saying something.

In the winter time, if you have 30 days in a month, it may snow a few times. Out of those few, maybe 1 will be significant where it will suck to drive for a day possibly. The other couple snows will be light and fairly insignificant, and it will get sunny the next few days and melt most everything. Blizzards happen like once every 5-6 years, I haven't seen a legit blizzard here since like 2009, where as the Midwest and Northeast, they happen at least once a year. Also, you are just as likely to have an upper 50's/low 60's day in the dead of winter here, as you are to have day where it's freezing and below for the high. Most days in the winter are low mid 40's to low 50's and sunny, with random days that are colder but still sunny, or very nice and warm.

And in the summer or spring, it can rain for a half hour straight, then be sunny as hell the next minute and perfect. The weather here is pretty nice like 85% of the time.

Comment

Working...
                      X