No announcement yet.

Making of a Murderer [TV] Seasons 1 & 2 Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
    Steve now says it might have been his bro. Would be epic if it was him, in a bad way

Steven Avery claims his own two brothers may have killed Teresa Halbach -- especially one who he says had a history of harassing women at the exact location where Teresa was last seen.
    Avery filed legal docs -- obtained by TMZ -- in which he claims brothers Earl and Charles may have done the deed for which he's serving a life sentence. He says both have a history of sexually assaulting women. Earl once pled no contest to sexually assaulting his 2 daughters.
    According to the docs, which Steven filed in 2009 after his conviction, brother Charles' criminal conduct and actions are even more problematic. He was charged with sexually assaulting his wife by holding her down and trying to strangle her with a phone cord before having intercourse with her.
    The docs say Charles also had a history of aggression toward women who visited the family's junkyard. One woman, who was there to retrieve her car that had been towed, complained to cops she was afraid of Charles because he was aggressively pursuing her ... sending flowers and money to her home, calling her incessantly and showing up at her doorstep.
    According to docs there was another incident in which a woman who bought a car part from the junkyard was harassed by Charles, who asked her on dates and showed up at her house.
    Another woman claimed Charles had repeatedly driven by her house and would tell her on the phone he had seen her in her bathing suit as he drove by.
    And this is interesting ... according to the docs, all of these women were allegedly harassed by Charles within a month of the time Teresa Halbach went missing.
    Steven also says his 2 brothers had a motive to frame him because they were fighting over the family business and were jealous he was on the verge of a multi-million dollar settlement for being wrongfully convicted of sexual assault.
    Wow, that's a bombshell. I was thinking the only other people that could've done it were his brothers.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
      So I finished this up. Yeahhhhhh you are the **** for recommending this. Awesome doc. Going throughout I found myself creating a "hate list" of the group off people that I will detest for noaw and forever more. Top of that list is Brendan's first public defender. One of the absolute worst people there is.
      There's a special place in hell for a guy like him. And now he has a high place in office in that county, I believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
        Wow, that's a bombshell. I was thinking the only other people that could've done it were his brothers.
        To me if Steven didn't do it it HAD to be someone close to him, who could not only get access to his property to BURY ****ING BONES but to also drive that Rav4 into the salvage yard. Moreover, it had to be someone with an ax to grind against him, who could place the blame on him knowing the MPD would want nothing more than to bag his ass (I think we all agree that key was planted there).

Comment

• None of the family seem smart enough to of framed Stephen. His blood in the car, and his DNA on the key. Plus they didnt leave any of their own DNA anywhere.
          And the tampered blood sample. I still think it was the cops.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
            None of the family seem smart enough to of framed Stephen. His blood in the car, and his DNA on the key. Plus they didnt leave any of their own DNA anywhere.
            And the tampered blood sample. I still think it was the cops.
            I think that is where the second layer is. After getting several clues that COULD have made Steven Avery the suspect they (the cops) did all they could to make sure he was there man, just like they did 30 years earlier. This time however, they used DNA evidence and the full bore of the United States Government to convict a man that IS NOT beyond a reasonable doubt guilty.
            Last edited by SkillspayBills; 01-09-2016, 08:08 PM.

Comment

• It's evident to me, and most who watched the doc, that the cops acted inappropriately and directly tampered with evidence to implicate Steve Avery. However, there are a few aspects of the case and of the evidence that are quite damning to Avery. The bones - the defense contended that the police planted the bones in the burn pit on his property. If you believe the defense's theory, then the police would have had to burn Teresa Halbach's body in a separate location and to a degree where the bone fragments were still somewhat intact. The pathologist also noted that there was a bullet exit wound on the skull. Again, the police would have had to burn the body in such way as to preserve this key piece of evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                It's evident to me, and most who watched the doc, that the cops acted inappropriately and directly tampered with evidence to implicate Steve Avery. However, there are a few aspects of the case and of the evidence that are quite damning to Avery. The bones - the defense contended that the police planted the bones in the burn pit on his property. If you believe the defense's theory, then the police would have had to burn Teresa Halbach's body in a separate location and to a degree where the bone fragments were still somewhat intact. The pathologist also noted that there was a bullet exit wound on the skull. Again, the police would have had to burn the body in such way as to preserve this key piece of evidence.
                If it was in fact his siblings it would make sense. They know the property. They could have burned her body and buried it without much fanfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                  If it was in fact his siblings it would make sense. They know the property. They could have burned her body and buried it without much fanfare.
                  Yes, it's definitely a plausible theory. It's too bad that law enforcement had a serious case of "tunnel vision (as they stated the doc)" and did not investigate any other possible leads - the ex-boyfriend, the mysterious caller, other Avery family members. It's really heart breaking that this young woman lost her life and that justice was so narrow minded in its pursuit to secure a conviction.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                    Yes, it's definitely a plausible theory. It's too bad that law enforcement had a serious case of "tunnel vision (as they stated the doc)" and did not investigate any other possible leads - the ex-boyfriend, the mysterious caller, other Avery family members. It's really heart breaking that this young woman lost her life and that justice was so narrow minded in its pursuit to secure a conviction.
                    That's one thing people keep on forgetting. A young, innocent women was shot in the head, mutilated, and buried by a sick sick man. What's sad is her killer very well may be a free man and a 17 year old is rotting in jail for something he almost definitely had no involvement with.

Comment

• Another thing that grinds my freaking gears. They are trying to say Brendan saw this and saw that. However, there is LITERALLY not a single shred of evidence that he was there, or that his tales actually happened. How do you get convicted when no evidence places you at the crime other than you saying it inconsistently?

Comment

Working...
                      X