No announcement yet.

floyd beat cotto, trout beat cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
    The only guys who wanna see Mayweather fight Canelo are Floyd groupies and Oscar himself. Canelo doesn't deserve a shot he hasn't fought anyone.
    Well, I guess a good solution would be for Trout and Canelo to face off, then there's no doubt who deserves the high paying fight and it would be more than arbitrary either way.

Again, if Mayweather was to state he was campaigning at 154lbs and didn't face Trout at some point, then I'd call it a duck. It's a bit soon to start that chant. Crappy as it might seem, Canelo has a fanbase too. That generates money which generates fights. I don't agree with it in the sporting sense at all. Trout deserves the fight more on resume. Maybe he needs to make it so people are calling for it. I don't think they are just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
      If all this is true, then explain why Pacquiao wouldn't fight him at the weight. Explain why he needed a catchweight- AGAIN (We know you can't/won't).

Or you could just give your opinion on a Mayweather/Trout match. Is it a "must see" match right now? Is it more sellable than a Mayweather/Canelo match? What are the implications? Go on, Hughey. Try being a boxing fan for once.
      Only Pac haters would expect Pac to fight Cotto at 154. Pac only needed to prove he can beat cotto at 147 and didnt need no CW.

Pac fights often and opponents just as good as Floyd so most fair people give him leeway and not expected to climb everest every fight. He had FOTD in the bag so what is the need to prove and prove when people are playing catchup with Pac.

The chasing pack is Floyd who needs to get offf his arse and do something special and not his safe fight. Thats the trade off when you are as lazy as Floyd you need to make a statement which floyd dont do.
      Fight Serigo Floyd, no morre excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
        Well, I guess a good solution would be for Trout and Canelo to face off, then there's no doubt who deserves the high paying fight and it would be more than arbitrary either way.

Again, if Mayweather was to state he was campaigning at 154lbs and didn't face Trout at some point, then I'd call it a duck. It's a bit soon to start that chant. Crappy as it might seem, Canelo has a fanbase too. That generates money which generates fights. I don't agree with it in the sporting sense at all. Trout deserves the fight more on resume. Maybe he needs to make it so people are calling for it. I don't think they are just yet.
        Why would Trout have to face Canelo? He already faced the same guy as Floyd, and won. Why is it every potential opponent for Floyd has to beat this guy and that guy while Floyd waits on the sidelines? If any bout makes sense, its Floyd vs trout. For many reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
          What does Floyd have to gain from fighting Trout man?
          If you mean what does he have to gain from a legacy standpoint, which is what we as fight fans should be concerned with...

He doesn't have anything to gain fighting ANYONE if you really think about it. The only meaningful fight just went out the door a few weeks back. And then there's Sergio.

Anybody else that Floyd could fight at 147-154 means nothing except a bunch of money in Floyd's pocket.

Comment

Cotto was shot when he fought both Mayweather and Trout. A shot version of Cotto still marked up Floyd's face more than any other fighter in his entire career, which says alot since we're talking about the greatest defensive fighter of all time here.

Trout is young, undefeated, awkward, and a southpaw in a higher weight class who just beat Miguel Cotto (albeit shot). Trout brings basically no money to the table, since most people have no idea who he is.

Why on earth would Floyd fight him right now?

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
              Why yes, he should fight Trout? Wouldn't you love to see that fight? I sure would.

Or would you rather he fight the clearly undeserving Canelo?
              I wouldn't mind seeing that fight but not in place of the Canelo fight that's looming. Its a step in reverse. Its a reason Canelo is ranked a little higher.

Comment

Originally posted by SonnyDempsey
                Cotto was shot when he fought both Mayweather and Trout. A shot version of Cotto still marked up Floyd's face more than any other fighter in his entire career, which says alot since we're talking about the greatest defensive fighter of all time here.

Trout is young, undefeated, awkward, and a southpaw in a higher weight class who just beat Miguel Cotto (albeit shot). Trout brings basically no money to the table, since most people have no idea who he is.

Why on earth would Floyd fight him right now?
                Floyd's supposedly the face of boxing who apparently everyone wants to see. why does the opponent matter in terms of money?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post
                  Floyd's supposedly the face of boxing who apparently everyone wants to see. why does the opponent matter in terms of money?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                  Apparently the guy needs Robert Guerrero in order to sell ppv?

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
                    What does Floyd have to gain from fighting Trout man?
                    He would be fighting for the Ring Belt as well since Trout is #3. Plus he beat Cotto and Canelo according to everyone is unproven at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                      He would be fighting for the Ring Belt as well since Trout is #3. Plus he beat Cotto and Canelo according to everyone is unproven at 154.
                      Looks like Floyd fans don't want to see Floyd face a slick, black American who is in his prime and comfortable at 154.

They'd rather see him fight a career fw who just beat a hype job in Berto.

Comment

Working...
                      X