Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fights that were seen as very close going in, but ended up very one-sided.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roy-toney

Lennox-ruddock, Golata, grant

Wlad- haye, Povetkin,

Gatti-doran

Mosely-margarito

Brook-Porter

Oscar-chavez 1

Toney-holyfield

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      Rigondeaux vs Donaire

Hopkins vs Pavlik, Tarver, Trinidad

Pavlik vs Miranda

Cotto vs Martinez

Martinez vs Williams II
      Come on man everyone knew Pavlik was going to lose he went up TEN pounds not 4 pounds

Comment

wright vs trinidad

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
          Come on man everyone knew Pavlik was going to lose he went up TEN pounds not 4 pounds
          No, Pavlik was the overwhelming favorite. The complete opposite from "everyone knew". Roach went as far as to reject to train Hopkins when approached, and instead told Hopkins to retire before he gets badly hurt. Everyone's prediction was Pavlik by TKO, few picked Hopkins. In fact that's another match that does not belong in this thread, according to the thread title.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMexHurricane View Post
            Roy Jones vs James Toney.
            I don't understand this. I know of nobody that thought James Toney would do anything but get schooled against Roy. Roy was just too fast back then - Toney's philly shell wasn't going to save him.

Comment

During the lead up to the bout I thought Pavlik's power would have a bigger impact in the fight. After the revelation of Pavlik's personal problems it makes sense now......hindsight is always 20/20.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                No, Pavlik was the overwhelming favorite. The complete opposite from "everyone knew". Roach went as far as to reject to train Hopkins when approached, and instead told Hopkins to retire before he gets badly hurt. Everyone's prediction was Pavlik by TKO, few picked Hopkins. In fact that's another match that does not belong in this thread, according to the thread title.
                Nevermind you're right. I remember betting on hopkins and doubling my bet amount
                I

Comment

best pic ever!! whehehe

Comment

Oscar-Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                      Nevermind you're right. I remember betting on hopkins and doubling my bet amount
                      I
                      In addition to what others point out, remember Hopkins was coming off an ugly performance against Calzaghe where people said age finally caught up with him, so naturally people were legit scared for Hopkins health and it wasn't so much that Hopkins would lose but how he would lose, as the build was basically will Hopkins get knocked out for the first time in his career. He was a 4-1 underdog. Of course, some of us Hopkins believes thought he would win but we were definitely the minority and I remember being pretty nervous myself up till about the second round.

Also, Pavlik had fought Taylor at 166 pounds, so the thought at the time was moving up four pounds wouldn't be a big deal for Pavlik, who cut a lot of weight to make 160 as it was.

Comment

Working...
                      X