No announcement yet.

Tyson fought just like Henry Armstrong

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson fought just like Henry Armstrong

Been watching a lot of these two lately .
    Such similar styles.

What other ATGs of the past fought similar to a fighter you see now.

good lord. no he did not

tyson and floyd patterson is the comparison. you are welcome.

armstrong was not a big puncher, and would wear WW opponents down with attrition. he threw a ton of punches, and had some of the best stamina and chin ever. he and mike tyson did not fight alike.

Comment

Joe Frazier fought like Henry Armstrong. Dont see it with Mike Tyson

Comment

Personally I don't see it. Not with Frazier either. Armstrong fought unlike anyone off the top of the head, his style of looking at his opponents feet 90% of the time; is unknown now.

Floyd Patterson is the best fighter to compare to Tyson and his style obviously because of Cus. Outside of Patterson, Tyson often said his style was groomed to look or mirror the past great offensive styles of Dempsey, Marciano, and Fraizer. Tyson I believe said many time he tried to mirror the great Jack Dempesy and often referred to him as his favorite fighter!

Comment

A
          Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
          Personally I don't see it. Not with Frazier either. Armstrong fought unlike anyone off the top of the head, his style of looking at his opponents feet 90% of the time; is unknown now.

Floyd Patterson is the best fighter to compare to Tyson and his style obviously because of Cus. Outside of Patterson, Tyson often said his style was groomed to look or mirror the past great offensive styles of Dempsey, Marciano, and Fraizer. Tyson I believe said many time he tried to mirror the great Jack Dempesy and often referred to him as his favorite fighter!
          This video I love watching, a young Tyson. You can see how almost fan boyish he gets when talking about Dempsey!!

http://youtu.be/K33CUXqPknM

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
            Armstrong and Frazier are at least very similar. The way they are pretty much always ducked down low underneath their opponents punches and come up with left hooks and right hand counters. The way they try and spend most of the fight buried in their opponents chest.

Very similar.

I watched frazier before I first watched Armstrong and the first thing I thought was that this guy fights like Joe.

Comment

Working...
            X