No announcement yet.

Which would you pick?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good post, ts. Green K sent.

It's almpost as if people expect and want Floyd to make bad business moves. He's not a moron, he won't do that

Comment

Low risk, high reward.

Comment

Originally posted by FRANKGWJ View Post
        Low risk with a high reward or high risk with low reward? So many people hate on boxers who choose money over legacy. Im one that feel the money is screwing up boxing but that is looking at it from a fan point of view. Look at it from a boxers point of view. Buisness first fight second.

We can't hate on Mayweather (even though I can't stand the guy as a boxer, but I respect him to the up most as a buisness man) for getting money first then think of his legacy second.

We can't hate on boxers who want to fight a smaller boxer at a catch weight to make more money then he would if he was to clean out his own division.

As a fan of boxing I dont like it but as a buisness man I understand.
        Obviously you want to make the most money possible, but when you choose not to take the big challenges that also comes with a big purse, that's where your legacy is in question.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravishing View Post
          Obviously you want to make the most money possible, but when you choose not to take the big challenges that also comes with a big purse, that's where your legacy is in question.
          But, if a fighter can make the amount if money in a low risk fight, legacy will be the last thing on a fighters mind!

Comment

Originally posted by FRANKGWJ View Post
            But, if a fighter can make the amount if money in a low risk fight, legacy will be the last thing on a fighters mind!
            i dont believe that. Like i said, every person that takes this sport for a living wants to be remembered. Now at a given point they realize that there is no hope for that or something happens that makes them change the way they look at it, kinda losing the purpose(pavlik), so the game changes and he looks at it at a way to pay the bills(paulie). however, they look for legacy and so they should. If u make a big name for urself, big money fights WILL come along the way

Comment

btw, i've not voted because there are some who look for high risk, high reward like pacman and cotto just to name a couple.

Comment

Fight Paulie, that will be a low risk, high reward because he couldn't hurt you with a sledgehammer

Comment

personally and this is my own choice i would take a high risk fight for a low reward. But that is just me, when im at the top of the boxing world if the fans want to see a fight ide gladly sign a 60-40 contract even if i was getting the smaller peice, personally when i become world champ i dont want to be a champion that fights for money, i wanna be one that will fight the fighters that could without a doubt whipe the floor with me becuase i want to fight exciting fights and fight the fighters that would make me a better fighter.

But if i had a family then i could see going for the money becuase it is a mans job to support his family before anything else.

Comment

Money has messed up the world of boxing!

Comment

Originally posted by 120 View Post
                      i dont believe that. Like i said, every person that takes this sport for a living wants to be remembered. Now at a given point they realize that there is no hope for that or something happens that makes them change the way they look at it, kinda losing the purpose(pavlik), so the game changes and he looks at it at a way to pay the bills(paulie). however, they look for legacy and so they should. If u make a big name for urself, big money fights WILL come along the way
                      At the end of the day, fighters would like to make an easy 10 million over a hard 10 million.

Comment

Working...
                      X