Did Williams Expose Margarito?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gixxer View Post
    SO IS FLOYD
    Don't get slapped dumbass. Paul Williams dominated that fight. Margarito won late rounds, but Paul had that fight won. He won 8 rounds in my opinion. Anyone who scored it for Margarito is either a fan, or doesn't know **** about boxing.

Comment

Margarito wasn't expose, he is a good fighter ( not great but good solid fighter) who fought a better one

Comment

Originally posted by FloydFan90 View Post
        Don't get slapped dumbass. Paul Williams dominated that fight. Margarito won late rounds, but Paul had that fight won. He won 8 rounds in my opinion. Anyone who scored it for Margarito is either a fan, or doesn't know **** about boxing.
        Actually he didn't dominate that fight. He won clearly on the cards (8-4 in my book), but Margarito was very much in that fight after giving up the first four rounds. Williams never hurt Margarito and actually looked like he had taken the beating between the two of them.

Dominance is Calzaghe/Lacy, Clottey/Corrales, Mayweather/Baldomir. Stop sensationalizing.

Comment

He may have been in the fight but he wasn't going to win the fight. You don't consider 8 rounds to 4 dominating? I didn't see when Paul's eye was cut. Sometimes those cuts come from headbutts. Paul won like 6 or 7 rounds in the beginning. I know Margarito never was hurt but Paul was just racking up points.

If Margarito was more active and won the last round he could have won the fight(not on my card) or have got himself a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by FloydFan90 View Post
            He may have been in the fight but he wasn't going to win the fight. You don't consider 8 rounds to 4 dominating? I didn't see when Paul's eye was cut. Sometimes those cuts come from headbutts. Paul won like 6 or 7 rounds in the beginning. I know Margarito never was hurt but Paul was just racking up points.

If Margarito was more active and won the last round he could have won the fight(not on my card) or have got himself a draw.
            I consider it a clear win, but not a dominating performance.

Those first four rounds where Williams piled up all of those points were the key. After that I think Margarito actually got the best of the action.

This wasn't like MAlignaggi/N'Dou where Williams put some stamp on the fight (Paulie dropping the TOUGH N'Dou late). Williams fought a great fight, but he wasn't mercilessly beating on Margarito at any point, he never hurt him, and Margarito was only a very good round away (like you mentioned in the 12th) from really making it a close, close fight.

Comment

Working...
            X