No announcement yet.

What Headgear???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Headgear???

So can somebody suggest me a good headgear?

It may cost maximum 180$.

I weigh 185lbs and am 5,9 tall. I havenŽt sparred too often with headgear yet, most of the time without but I didnt like those headgears which have a lot protection on the face.

Also what are the advantages / disadvantages of different headgear types,
    i have seen a lot of different types of headgear but got no clue at all.

Buy a ringside competition headgear. They are thinner/smaller than the traditional sparring headgear. It's been proven that the larger/more padded headgear will cause the brain to bounce more violently inside of your skull thus adding to any damage that might happen when absorbing a blow. That's a big reason that they are now allowing bouts with no headgear with the proper credentials.

A headgears main purpose is to protect against cuts and should your heads happen to collide. There is also a piece in the back in case you go down and smash your head in to the canvas when going down.

And Ringside just makes good stuff.

Buy competition headgear..........

Comment

WHen I use to spar I used an extremely thin headgear.

I hated headgear, I felt it screwed my vision up, made me slower, and just made my head a bigger target, I also felt that it mentally made me a lazier dumber fighter, because I knew I had the gear on.

so I either wore a very thin one, which really doesn't do a whole lot, or I didn't wear one at all.

If you plan on using it for amateur fights though, I recommend making sure it's sanctioned. Some head gear your not allowed to wear.

Comment

http://www.kozuji.com/headgear/face-guard.html/

Save an extra $30 and get some of these. Well worth it. Not too thick, great visibility, and doesn't jar your head around like some others.

Comment

Save an extra $30 and get some of these. Well worth it. Not too thick, great visibility, and doesn't jar your head around like some others.

Thanks would you rather recommend the FG2900 or the FG2300 from Winning?
          BG_Knocc_Out
          Last edited by BuakawBanchamek; 12-10-2015, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
            WHen I use to spar I used an extremely thin headgear.

I hated headgear, I felt it screwed my vision up, made me slower, and just made my head a bigger target, I also felt that it mentally made me a lazier dumber fighter, because I knew I had the gear on.

so I either wore a very thin one, which really doesn't do a whole lot, or I didn't wear one at all.

If you plan on using it for amateur fights though, I recommend making sure it's sanctioned. Some head gear your not allowed to wear.

I plan to use it for sparring.

The Headgear we were in Amateur fights in Germany are different.

But I always borrow the amateur licensed equipment from my Trainer.

I got my Winning Gloves for sparring but miss some good Headgear.

Is winning also the brand to go with in terms of headgear?

Comment

Originally posted by BuakawBanchamek View Post
              I plan to use it for sparring.

The Headgear we were in Amateur fights in Germany are different.

But I always borrow the amateur licensed equipment from my Trainer.

I got my Winning Gloves for sparring but miss some good Headgear.

Is winning also the brand to go with in terms of headgear?
              Honestly head gear, and how you want it, is really a personal preference.

As I mentioned I like the most basic thin head gear. Some guys like all the weird straps and a thick head gear. I never felt much of an advantage with the fancier more expensive head gear.

But than again my nose is also slightly crooked for whatever it's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by BuakawBanchamek View Post
                Thanks would you rather recommend the FG2900 or the FG2300 from Winning?
                BG_Knocc_Out
                I have some FG2900. Love em.

Comment

Originally posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post
                  I think IŽll get a FG2900. Pretty much everyone is recommending it and pretty much all pros spar in this headgear.

I think the FG2900 is the best choice since it gives perfect protection while still not being too much on your face like the FG5000 and too little on your face like the FG2300.

Just gotta check the size.
                  Last edited by BuakawBanchamek; 12-10-2015, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post

Wait what about the Cleto Reyes Mexican Style Headgear???

Would you guys recommend it?

Comment

Working...
                    X