No announcement yet.

Introduction cos I like the sound of my own Voice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hurtin-Bombs View Post
    Beating Diaz and Casamayo for the lightweight titles and being the first real LW champ from Mexico since Chavez you mean.

Again, how is Manny still on there, after being knocked out? and not Marquez at all. It's just a bad list, that's all.
    Diaz as a weak beaten champion and casa was ancient.
    If you're talking about achievements then pacqious did more.

Comment

actually, that's a pretty solid list. i'd take out stevens and replace with JMM, though.

Comment

Originally posted by QuebecSTAR2 View Post
        I guess we should put Holyfield on the list too then.

Comment

Originally posted by QuebecSTAR2 View Post
          I agree with this entirely.

Beating Diaz and Casamayo for the lightweight titles and being the first real LW champ from Mexico since Chavez you mean.

Again, how is Manny still on there, after being knocked out? and not Marquez at all. It's just a bad list, that's all.
          Both Diaz and Casamayor are far from names to take the breath away. They were always good, nothing more, nothing less.

As I mentioned, Manny Pacquiao is still up there based on his level of opponent and the fact that his skill set allows him to be more competitive and probably beat any fighter not named Floyd Mayweather from 140-147. The Marquez KO was a great achievement for the Mexican legend but he had already been beaten by the Phillipino legend twice before.

I can understand that you, as a Mexican would like some Mexican representation on the list but it just isn't possible, would you really remove Pacquiao from that list in favour of Marquez? Keep in mind that Pacquiao has only one legitimate loss on his record since losing to Morales, having decimated much bigger men in Cotto, Hatton, Margarito and company?

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
            actually, that's a pretty solid list. i'd take out stevens and replace with JMM, though.
            I can understand JMM being either 9 or 10, I just felt that Stevenson's recent run and the way he went about it was more deserving of a place. I also believe being the number one fighter in a division should provide more accolades, especially considering that Stevenson was a huge underdog and relative unknown just a few months earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterHardtop View Post
              I agree with this entirely.

Both Diaz and Casamayor are far from names to take the breath away. They were always good, nothing more, nothing less.

As I mentioned, Manny Pacquiao is still up there based on his level of opponent and the fact that his skill set allows him to be more competitive and probably beat any fighter not named Floyd Mayweather from 140-147. The Marquez KO was a great achievement for the Mexican legend but he had already been beaten by the Phillipino legend twice before.

I can understand that you, as a Mexican would like some Mexican representation on the list but it just isn't possible, would you really remove Pacquiao from that list in favour of Marquez? Keep in mind that Pacquiao has only one legitimate loss on his record since losing to Morales, having decimated much bigger men in Cotto, Hatton, Margarito and company?
              I'm not mexican lol. and manny never beat marquez twice, he'd beaten him once, marquez was robbed blind in the 3rd fight.

Comment

I'm not mexican lol. and manny never beat marquez twice, he'd beaten him once, marquez was robbed blind in the 3rd fight.
                I was at the 3rd fight, one of the few fights I've seen live after changing profession in 2002, and it was very, very close. Much like you, I had it for Marquez too but it was by a single, solitary point. When I said two fights, I meant the first bout, in which one of the judges did not add his scorecard correctly. I can't quite remember if team Pacquiao ever appealed the decision but it really should have been changed to a Pacquiao win.

Comment

Welcome aboard, Mister.

Hope you grabbed your waders.

The bullshit runs thick in here.

Comment

I was at the 3rd fight, one of the few fights I've seen live after changing profession in 2002, and it was very, very close. Much like you, I had it for Marquez too but it was by a single, solitary point. When I said two fights, I meant the first bout, in which one of the judges did not add his scorecard correctly. I can't quite remember if team Pacquiao ever appealed the decision but it really should have been changed to a Pacquiao win.
                    Ok but how long ago was that fight? Lets put roy Jones on your list because of his great work a decade ago.

Comment

I can understand JMM being either 9 or 10, I just felt that Stevenson's recent run and the way he went about it was more deserving of a place. I also believe being the number one fighter in a division should provide more accolades, especially considering that Stevenson was a huge underdog and relative unknown just a few months earlier.
                      He fights Ggg next, right?

If he beats him then you have an impressive list.

Kudos for having garcia in there.

Comment

Working...
                      X